Doctor Who

Commissario
OP
"intelligent rope"
Similar to the glove in an earlier episode.

I thought the finale was OK but it wasn't a patch on the previous episode. There was very obviously going to be a reset after Sutekh's dust of death and the final ten minutes or so were a bit meh.

It feels as though this series and the next one should have been just one series as the story arc is going to cover them both. It's a shame that Ruby is only going to be in a couple of episodes in the next series having effectively been written out now. I was a bit doubtful about her when she was announced but I think Millie's done a superb job this year especially considering how young she is. Loved her 2046 outfit ;)

Associate
Personally, felt the finale was sub par. Which is unfortunate, given the previous episode and some of the previous episodes this season that were much better. Still better than much of Jodie's era, but still poor in my eyes.

1. Draging Sutekh through the Time Vortex, but when Sutekh tried to halt their movement through the Vortex by clawing around them, that destroyed his past without damaging them in the slightest or hurting themselves. Yet when they get released afterwards into it (Time Vortex), they "die" from it? Yeah, no. Logic fail there. If they weren't being hurt by plunging their claws and apendages into the Vortext prior, there's no reason they should die from it after - they should just pop up back somewhere in Time instead (given what viewers have been told about the Vortext prior).

2. "Who's that Pokemon?" Really? Sutekh, a God that has devoted themselves to becoming something, an Avatar of something if you will, who would have been happy being the only thing remaining after all is dust in reality. Suddenly cares about something else? Should have taken the easy way out and gave them a love interest instead. Both just as believable given the writing of the series finale.

3. A Death - to Death, equals life? Sure, if you want to be philosophical about it, you could get away with that. But that also relies on being able to undo it, and thankfully you could with Time Vortex shennanigans. However, conversely, this should also absolutely mean that Sutekh can be saved from their "death" and all reality is screwed still. Which means this "Death" means nothing. They should have gone full steam ahead, and made it so The Doctor is killing Sutekh constantly. That way, it guarantee's the "death" of Sutekh by preventing them from escaping by becoming the "Death" to the God of Death that they had the Doctor proclaim so loudly, and also adds to the Character of the Doctor. How far will The Doctor go(/fall) to save reality? Which then puts the philosophical question of at what point is a monster really a monster? At what point is an Angel a Devil? All of that good stuff, sadly, not there.

4. And let's not kid ourselves about the rope/cord that was used on Sutekh to drag them into the Vortex. Sutekh "dusted" non-living stuff as well (as shown in this and the last episode). So that rope/cord should never have been able to get onto them, much less drag them around. Especially when you factor into the idea that they implied that the touch of Death is able to undo their actions by killing them in the various time periods they were in. Meaning no rope/cord would have been able to realistically get onto them, much less drag them around without them being able to take a swipe at it to break it.

Soldato
How much lower can Doctor Who sink?

Hard to get worse than the chubby era, but here we are.
Bubble and dot episode was the best episode by far.. The new doctor is so bad the less screen time he gets the better.. I bet the girl and guy that saved her could replace the current 2 actors and make a better show... If they wanted a non white actor they should have held out for someone good..maybe just take the best actor available for each season they want to make until they can fine the correct coloured one.. He is so bad I honestly recon I could do a better job (but I'm the wrong colour)

Soldato
Bubble and dot episode was the best episode by far.. The new doctor is so bad the less screen time he gets the better.. I bet the girl and guy that saved her could replace the current 2 actors and make a better show... If they wanted a non white actor they should have held out for someone good..maybe just take the best actor available for each season they want to make until they can fine the correct coloured one.. He is so bad I honestly recon I could do a better job (but I'm the wrong colour)
73 Yards was my favourite for quite the same reason. I don't feel that Ncuti has the gravitas or prescence to be the Doctor. He just doesn't come over as the main character well enough.

Soldato
73 Yards was my favourite for quite the same reason. I don't feel that Ncuti has the gravitas or prescence to be the Doctor. He just doesn't come over as the main character well enough.
ill watch that one the episode description looks so non scifi so non dr who i just ignored it.. OMG they have a kid on a segway that cannot act in the ruby rose episode.. (well none of them can act so i guess its only slightly strange).. im forcing myself to watch them all... maybe its good if you watch them all

Caporegime
Massively disappointing finale to a very average series.

Really enjoyed episodes 3, 4 and 7 but didn’t care for the rest.

Really like Ncuti and Gibson but RTD relied on them giving emotional performances to carry the series rather than give them 8 fantastic stories.

I’ll give it a few episodes of the next series or I’m out like I was during Capaldis tenure.

Soldato
ill watch that one the episode description looks so non scifi so non dr who i just ignored it.. OMG they have a kid on a segway that cannot act in the ruby rose episode.. (well none of them can act so i guess its only slightly strange).. im forcing myself to watch them all... maybe its good if you watch them all
Doctor Who has never been hard Sci-Fi. It's always had different genres mixed in.

Soldato
I enjoyed having Who back on the TV schedule post me tapping out in the Jodie era.

Thoughts on the season

1. Doctor was hardly it the season
2. Never really felt they built the companion relationship
3. Doctor never really "saved the day" - but was just "there"
4. Liked the higher quality of effects
5. Thought both leads were decent
6. The lack of a decent conclusion to the series left a sour taste

Soldato
There was two of the 8 where the doctor wasn't available as they were first to be recorded and he was still busy finishing shooting the other show he was on.

I think Ncuti and Millie were brilliant together and really had brilliant chemistry.

As for conclusion, the main plot got wrapped up as did Ruby's mum. However Ruby will be back and so will Mrs Flood.

Caporegime
Be grateful it wasn't Lenny Henry, Idris Elba playing himself again or Ainsley Harriot.

it will all end soon anyway, Migrants will be the BBCs next favourite people, black people will be chucked out the door like all the middle aged whites were.
It can't be hard to find a good black actor, maybe someone unheard of, there's plenty of really good black actors.
instead th ey go with some guy who lives in the echo chamber, they think guti has mass appeal when he doesn't

how are BBC shows financed? because they seem to go with the same woke investment laws hollywood now follow.
but the BBC doesn't need outside investment because it has the TV license, and BBC stuff won't be nominated for oscars anyway?

Oscar’s new DEI “standards” are entirely tone-deaf and ill-advised in the wake of the Harvard and Hamas debacles. Put simply, the Academy DEI mandates are little more than cannily branded quotas jockeying to outmanoeuvre old-fashioned achievement and originality.

The standards, at least for the moment, only apply to films vying for Best Picture nods. But even with their limited remit, the specifics are arbitrary and jargon-laden. Best Picture nominees, for instance, must now meet two of five new DEI-centered standards. The first pair – “On-Screen Representation, Themes and Narratives” and “Creative Leadership and Project Team” – are boiler-plate DEI: at least one lead actor must be from an “underrepresented or ethnic group” or at least 30 per cent of “secondary” actors must be racial minorities, women, LGBT or possess physical or cognitive disabilities. Films can also qualify if their main storyline, theme or narrative is centred on an underrepresented group.

That's why viewers and critic ratings are parralel opposites and movies won't get funded unless they are woke.

but whys English TV following Americas lead? we are an American state, with american culture and values replacing our own at an ever increasing rate.

all the crazy is imported and adopted

Is it because all the tv production companies are now 3rd party businesses owned by tv presenters and actors to avoid paying tax? and they want the woke investment and chance for american awards shows?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom