Doctor Who

Soldato
My major problem with the current doctor who series and the last was the fact nearly everything is on earth and they return there every episode lol. The originals hardly ever went to earth and half the fun was wondering where the hell he'd end up next.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Gerard said:
I dont get the point of bringing back these old enemies if theyre in it for just 2 episodes? daleks = 2 episodes (besides the 1 episode with the single dalek), cybermen = 2 episodes. I remember years ago in doctor who whole series would revolve round these now its a couple of episodes. :confused:

The different episode format does make it seem that way. Think on that during Tom Baker's 7 year stint as The Doctor there were only 2 Dalek stories. Throughout the entire first lifetime of the show ('63-'89) there were 16 Dalek serials in total.

***edit***

James J said:
My major problem with the current doctor who series and the last was the fact nearly everything is on earth and they return there every episode lol. The originals hardly ever went to earth and half the fun was wondering where the hell he'd end up next.

Yeah, you mean like the several series where Pertwee's Doctor was exiled to Earth? Or the historical eps? ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Stellios said:
:thumbsup:
icon14.gif
;).

Soldato
I really enjoyed both cybermen episodes overall, however I couldn't help thinking that the scripts were missing something :( and the annoying thing is I can't put my finger on it.

Soldato
fatiain said:
Josh has spent all evening stamping round the lounge shouting "I'm a Cyberman".

As have I. :D

On a similar note, my son watched Terminator 2 with me the other night, on the way home today in the van we over took some one and i started doing that "faster faster" thing where you shunt back wards and forwards in the seat saying "come on, come on"

Ben (who's nine) comes out with:
*squeaky Austrian accent*
"No, This is the Vehicles top speed"

I laughed any way.
;)

Soldato
as a newcomer to doctor who i think that the cybermen have been the worst enemies yet, although i would like to see stories over a whole series rather than just 1 or 2 episodes

Associate
So... good old random Dr. Who enemys. I thought this week's episode was a little weak, none of the characters were particuarly sinister/scary/spooky and it was all pretty said and done from the outset.

All IMHO, what did everyone else think?

Back
Top Bottom