Doctor Who

Soldato
Ultimately it's a personal thing. People are either going to love him or hate him, or somewhere in between. No amount of keyboard waving in the Court Of The Internet is likely to change that.

For someone who grew up in the Troughton/Pertwee/Baker/Davidson era thought it couldn't get any worse than McCoy. Then along came Jodie and now this guy who makes both of them look like veritable thespians.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I finally got to sit down and watch it properly in peace.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but I totally enjoyed it and thought it was very well done. Good cast and characters and Ncuti has already made his mark and is definitely The Doctor.

I already have a few ideas who Anita Dobson is going to turn out to be. However I could be very wrong.

It's going to be a long wait till May for the new series.

Soldato
Not watched since half way through Chibnall's first season after a near religious devotion. Yesterday however I did open IPlayer and download Classic Doctor Who the first episodes of Tom Baker's tenure. Even 50 years old the episodes were good. Baker's Doctor has a certain malevolence about him that is immediately visible, a certain callous disregard for others' priorities. Now the sets and effects are shonky by modern standards but the writing still works. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wasn't sure I would fearing nostalgia had covered the cracks.

The Doctor lives and can be found on IPlayer. Just ignore anything that braodcast in the last 3 or 4 years.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I finally got to sit down and watch it properly in peace.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but I totally enjoyed it and thought it was very well done. Good cast and characters and Ncuti has already made his mark and is definitely The Doctor.

I already have a few ideas who Anita Dobson is going to turn out to be. However I could be very wrong.

It's going to be a long wait till May for the new series.

You're definitely easily pleased.

:D

I wasn't keen on the story, but the highlight for me was the goblins' song near the beginning / the feast thing without giving out too much details / spoiler.

I like Ncuti as the new Doctor and I look forwards to seeing him in the main 2024 season. If the story writing could go back to a similar standard to Day of the Moon, the Lodger, Turn Left, the Silence of the Library, Gridlock, Let's Kill Hitler and that grand climax of Daleks vs Cybermen, then job's a good 'un. I know there are different story writers, some better than others, so will need to look up the ones I meant. The episodes I mean here are from around 2008 to 2012.

Soldato
Well that was a pile of crap. The goblin song was about the best thing in it, which says a lot. I think me and Doctor Who may officially be done if that's the best they can do, which is a shame as I like my sci-fi. Sadly it seems that every time I get my hopes up recently I end up being thoroughly disappointed.

Last edited:
Don
Boring story
Apparently had a hot night with Houdini at one point, one of the previous doctors, non of which showed any interest in men until 14. Way to shoe horn it in.

Seems like the new doctor will indeed be queer.

I don't have a problem with this, what I do have a problem with is the forced diversity. Not content with a woman doctor she had to be a lesbian. Now we have a black doctor and he also has to be gay?
Why couldn't he just be a black doctor?

Back
Top Bottom