Doctor Who

Soldato
Why is it being assumed they didn't go because they're racist? If this was any other doctor they still wouldn't have gone because it's against the rules of the society they live by, where he invaded their personal space without permission and tried to influence them away from the only life they had ever experienced which they had probably been taught was the only way. It's like asking a 5 year old at the park if they want saving they can stick with their friends and the people they know together, or get in the back of the van full of puppies and sweets. Are we told don't get in the van if a man asks us to, or if a stranger asks us to?

A sheep society sticking together where they don't know how to think or act for themselves are not going to rely on a stranger when they think they are safe again.

Soldato
Still doesn't seem like Doctor Who to me and another episode where he is sidelined to a relatively minor role with hardly any screen time.

Only bit that amused me a little is the scene in the utility corridors where
the girl showed her true colours and calmly sacrificed the "boyband" heartthrob hero who had been helping her to save her own skin.

But never mind the ending, we got no background on what the creatures were, where they came from or any depth or context at all to the events, even how or why the Doctor ended up there. Just another standalone episode with no continuity to the preceding episodes or seasons. Not saying every episode has to be Daleks, Cybermen and Autons but bringing in some of the traditional lore might have settled in the new Doctor a bit better.

Soldato
Only bit that amused me a little is the scene in the utility corridors where
the girl showed her true colours and calmly sacrificed the "boyband" heartthrob hero who had been helping her to save her own skin.
That was actually quite dark - the sudden twist to save their own neck and the death itself was pretty gruesome.

Soldato
I suppose it was inevitable that they were going to throw the race card in at some stage, but I kinda felt the finale was directed in a way that just felt muddled. I suppose they probably toned it down a little for kids, but even so.
Also, yet another episode with the doctor bursting in to tears. Not sure if I like the new emo-doc. Regards the actor, well he is doing a great job, just the stories I am wondering about.
I see the assistants acting seems to be improving a bit, which is good news.

Soldato
I suppose it was inevitable that they were going to throw the race card in at some stage, but I kinda felt the finale was directed in a way that just felt muddled. I suppose they probably toned it down a little for kids, but even so.
Also, yet another episode with the doctor bursting in to tears. Not sure if I like the new emo-doc. Regards the actor, well he is doing a great job, just the stories I am wondering about.
I see the assistants acting seems to be improving a bit, which is good news.
Well the tears we'll well deserved in this. He just wanted to save everyone and they wouldn't let him. He was angry.

Soldato
So tonight we had, erm Bridgerton with some of the most laughable creatures that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Hartnell era.

And, well, the "interaction" for want of a better word between the Doctor and Rogue - yes we get it the show and everyone involved is pushing the LGBT agenda, but that really went too far.

Soldato
So tonight we had, erm Bridgerton with some of the most laughable creatures that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Hartnell era.

And, well, the "interaction" for want of a better word between the Doctor and Rogue - yes we get it the show and everyone involved is pushing the LGBT agenda, but that really went too far.
Couldn't agree more. Yet more crying and of course, rogue was gay. Glad I was sitting down for that plot twist. Throw in a kiss for good measure. :rolleyes: So sad.

Back
Top Bottom