Does something need to be done about dogs?

I almost got viscously attacked by a dog today!

Was at the post office sorting out my Giro (that's code) and after exiting and turning the corner I see a chocolate lab running around all zoomie-like. It saw me and run up and almost jumped up with front paws on my wast. I almost died :eek:

I tried to reason with it with head petting and overheard a lady from across the road watching and shouting out "I don't know whose dog it is!" - So clearly a lost dog. Had a collar for a lead but no tag.

I carried on walking and it started to follow me :eek:

I feared for my life!

As I got towards the end of the road I figured enough is enough and grabbed the collar and told Choco that we were going for a walk and he seems to understand . Figured the best place to go was the vet across the main road so crossed the traffic lights safely as he seemed to sit when I commanded each time and started walking with me still holding onto the collar.

Soon as I got into the vet he smelled the vet and went into collapse to the ground "I'm too heavy for you to move" mode lol. His tail was still wagging though but it was clear he was sketched up by being there. Gave my details to the reception and they brought out some treats and did the scanning thing which beeped. Got a call 30 minutes later saying they reunited Otis with his owner.

This is my adventure today and how I almost became dog food :eek:

Can I also just say, I never knew labs can be this strong and energetic. It took most of my energy and concentration keeping him from leading me off into an alternative direction lol

"Police said two dogs had been seized but they were hunting two more American bulldog types, which are not thought to be a banned breed"
So not XL Bullies....

"West Midlands Police released this image of one of the dogs they are looking for"
Also doesn't look like an XL Bully, remembering that the legally enshrined definition hinges entirely on approximate appearance...

They may be American Bulldogs which are strangely not deemed to be a banned breed, despite being bred from American Pit Bulls (from which it is illegal to breed, in the UK), and despite the XL Bully being a mere sub-variant of them.
Either way, it doesn't fit as neatly into your box as you would like.

Dogs seized over man's death were XL bullies

Fits my box perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom