Does something need to be done about illegal/unlicenced/uninsured electric vehicles on our roads (and pavements)

Is there any data on what these kids were riding?
IDK what the ones in the media were riding.
but the ones I see around on my bicycle travels seem to always be Sur-rons
Got past by 2 kids on one yesterday even going 3x my speed and I was going about 16mph on my EMTB

maybe the older ones don't cost a 5k but they will still be a couple of grand I bet.

Last edited:
IDK what the ones in the media were riding.
but the ones I see around on my bicycle travels seem to always be Sur-rons

maybe the older ones don't cost a 5k but they will still be a couple of grand I bet.

I made one that did 30mph on the throttle for around £600, you can do it cheaper now.
Get yourself a £100 2nd hand bike and get a Yose Power conversion kit.

Just noticed Yose aren't doing the 1000+ motors now but they are readily available.

Last edited:
I made one that did 30mph on the throttle for around £600, you can do it cheaper now.
Get yourself a £100 2nd hand bike and get a Yose Power conversion kit.
they aren't riding pedal bikes that have been modified.

Google should be fined by our government for allowing videos of illegal acts to be uploaded for views by the people committing the offences as well., especially if they are monetising them

Last edited:

Google should be fined by our government for allowing videos of illegal acts to be uploaded for views by the people committing the offences as well., especially if they are monetising them

I'm in a group called Derestricted eBikes but I never comment because it winds me up.

And at 3:18 the police don't even bat a eyelid... This is why gangs run rampant on the streets.

And at 3:18 the police don't even bat a eyelid... This is why gangs run rampant on the streets.
probably just out for a casual horse ride, saw some police car parked up at the sea side yesterday doing nothing.
seems the police are all "quiet quitting"

^^ Those things aren't e-bikes. They're electric motorbikes. Being ridden by future inmates unless they manage to kill themselves first.

Most people can't make the distinction between them.
For months at work I had "Those two on bikes like yours were in and out of traffic overtaking at ridiculous speeds" and I'd be saying "They are not like my bike".
It took about a year before the Police caught up with them and one colleague came in saying "You know those two with bikes like yours, they're being loaded into a van".
"THEY ARE NOT LIKE MINE".

The police are frit. When I was a bit of a lad on a number of motorbikes, they were forever pulling me for no helmet or speeding or just being ugly on occasion.
I did usually stop after a hundred yards of blues and twos in my mirror however. Nowadays they seem frozen, caricatures of coppers I have known and loved.

Wheelies on the high street and we would have been nicked, spent a night in the cells, shouted at and abused. Then a few points and driving without due care added to our licence later.

google 'slang frits' =
not brave enough to do something; frightened:
"Go on," she urged. "Don't be frit."
Before the show Mrs Thatcher was distinctly nervous, or frit, as she would say.

so, probably in hansard.
Boris was frit so jumped before he was pushed.

yea, they are the actual "Ebikes" for some reason the media has brainwashed everyone into thinking those Electric Motor Bikes are infact Ebikes.

won't someone think of poor little jonny the local radgie, poor thing just minding his own business on his ebike and the police gave chase for no reason at all.
Exactly this

It’s frankly a bit odd how the media in general seem determined to downplay these incidents as innocent kids at play….

"Local thug dressed like a ninja menacing estate on illegal 50mph+ electrified motor bike chased by police"

That’s exactly the way I see it!

Last edited:
google 'slang frits' =
not brave enough to do something; frightened:
"Go on," she urged. "Don't be frit."
Before the show Mrs Thatcher was distinctly nervous, or frit, as she would say.

so, probably in hansard.
Boris was frit so jumped before he was pushed.
As if by magic, the forum bot appears.

Three people got nicked over here :)

David Hawley, 56, admitted riding while disqualified and without insurance after police recorded him travelling at 26mph along the Castel coast road on a bike he bought off the internet.

Last edited:
As if by magic, the forum bot appears.

if you are not frit and looking for a future e-biking career could be a good opportunity
The Ukrainian military is using stealthy electric bikes modified to carry next-generation light anti-tank weapons (NLAWS) to fight Russia.
Soldiers on electric bikes have been spotted across Ukraine since the early days of the war, mostly on ELEEK brand bikes. e-bikes are fast and, critically, much quieter than a gas powered bike. They allow soldiers to perform quick guard patrols or move swiftly into position

Anyway to the OP and the other bandwagon jumpers it should be blatantly obvious that the people who you really want regulated and not people like me, won't bother anyway but law abiding riders like me will tow the line.
You won't get the kids on illegal eBikes and the idiots not riding with due care and attention buying insurance, tax, MOTs and having a number plate.
What we need is more people like in chaparrals post having their bikes taken away and social media banging that information out..

Back
Top Bottom