Don't Look Up (2021)

Associate
i like it also, it no classic but i do like the way they took the micky of all the people in today world that we know wouldn't look up. also noticed a lot of the types of people who wouldn't look up or who help promote not to look up. seem to dislike the movie

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Out of principle, I don’t turn films off unless they’re really really bad.

This wasn’t quite bad enough for me but it was a struggle.

Some jokes got a laugh (the general charging for the free snacks etc) but it was mostly cringe and the entire “not take it seriously” premise really made me feel uneasy. Like some sort of anxiety-by-proxy thing, so in that regard DiCaprio did his job.

However, the true star of the film was the VFX team that fixed Jennifer Lawrence’s tooth (which was broken and couldn’t be fixed during COVID). She actually filmed this with a broken tooth.

Soldato
We gave up after about 40 minutes, the missus found it a bit boring. I'll probably give it a re-watch, but as others have said, it wasn't great.

Soldato
I swear satire used to be more subtle than this.

Wasn't bad though.

How subtle can satire be in a world where the actual President of the US was talking about bleaching coronavirus out of your body and fed the Whitehouse with industrial quantities of McDonalds? :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Whilst watching it could not help but think that this is what would happen in a trump Whitehouse :p

It was a bit of a laugh for a brain off movie although the science of something like that happening in real life (impact event) is talked about by Brian Cox in ref to the movie:

Soldato
It could have been on the discovery channel as a documentary on modern day America. I've pretty much lolled all the way through it but I came from a point of knowing nothing about it at all, we thought it was a rehash of a deep impact type disaster movie so had zero expectations, I genuinely found it incredible lol.

Actual laughed out loud at the instant cut from open mouthed bar punters to full blown riot.

Back
Top Bottom