Doom Eternal

Associate
I did my first play through on Ultra Violence.

The chainsaw is given to you in the second room or so. There wasn't 15 adds between you and the chainsaw. If there was more adds than ammo the game literally wouldn't work and no one would get further than the opening few rooms.

Man of Honour
Associate
I understand that they have to create something a little different with each release but I found this game to be far to much based on ammo conservation and forcing you to really think about when to use certain weapons to replenish amour etc. I really liked the game but much prefer Doom 2016 for it's simplicity. After all, the Doom games are all about pure twitch shooting and running and gunning. I found myself being a bit overwhelmed with all of the different ways of killing and all the cool down icons of the hud. It definitely broke the flow of the game for me. Some people prefer the strategy but for me Doom should go back to it's roots.

I also play a lot of GZ Doom when doom was just so simple to play. Pick up power ups, ammo, keycards and shot anything that moves. Simple but oh so enjoyable.

Soldato
I understand that they have to create something a little different with each release but I found this game to be far to much based on ammo conservation and forcing you to really think about when to use certain weapons to replenish amour etc. I really liked the game but much prefer Doom 2016 for it's simplicity. After all, the Doom games are all about pure twitch shooting and running and gunning. I found myself being a bit overwhelmed with all of the different ways of killing and all the cool down icons of the hud. It definitely broke the flow of the game for me. Some people prefer the strategy but for me Doom should go back to it's roots.

I also play a lot of GZ Doom when doom was just so simple to play. Pick up power ups, ammo, keycards and shot anything that moves. Simple but oh so enjoyable.

I couldn’t agree more. It ended up being a but too fussy for me

Caporegime

+1

I also enjoyed it and appreciate that they are trying to experiment with new ideas but for me, you can't beat the already tried and tested formula (or something close to it).

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
The subtle details of RTX looks lovely for the floors and certain wall reflections. Shame I don't have an RTX card yet.

ne0

ne0

Associate
oh dear. I've crashed to desk top twice already with the new update and I NEVER crashed with this game before. Looks like a patch is needed. *sigh*

Associate
Anyone else getting better frame rates with DLSS off?

With DLSS turned on (RT+Ultra Nightmare on everything except textures which is on Ultra) I get 30-ish fps @ 1440 (RTX 3070)

With exactly the same settings but DLSS turned off I get 90+ fps..?

Weird.

Caporegime
Anyone else getting better frame rates with DLSS off?

With DLSS turned on (RT+Ultra Nightmare on everything except textures which is on Ultra) I get 30-ish fps @ 1440 (RTX 3070)

With exactly the same settings but DLSS turned off I get 90+ fps..?

Weird.

Seems to be a bug. I had 25fps on mine with dlss on and everything set to max, with dlss on. Turned dlss off, went to 90. Turned back on and it went to 160+.

Also a 3070 @ 1440.

Back
Top Bottom