Doom - The Dark Ages (2025)

Soldato
Didn't Mick get into a big argument about something?

Yeah they messed him about with regards to deadlines and payment and then lied in an Open Letter about it. Or at least that is how I see it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah they messed him about with regards to deadlines and payment and then lied in an Open Letter about it. Or at least that is how I see it.

Just scanning through that, Stratton comes off as an UTTER ****.

Man of Honour
One of the biggest disasspointments with this is there will be no Mick Gordon soundtrack. Got to imagine it'll be Andrew Hulshult and David Levy again as with the Eternal DLCs ..which I've still not played. They are no Mick Gordon but I've heard people saying good things. Although following on from the main games already established sound track with some stuff for a few DLCs is very different task from doing a completely fresh soundtrack for a new game... so we shall see.
Hmmm yes Hulshult is decent, I loved the Quake Champions menu theme before I had ever heard of him. Never heard of Levy even though I did enjoy the Eternal soundtrack. Will have a look.

Man of Honour
Hmmm yes Hulshult is decent, I loved the Quake Champions menu theme before I had ever heard of him. Never heard of Levy even though I did enjoy the Eternal soundtrack. Will have a look.

Yeah Hulshult is good, though maybe not Mick Gordon level of really getting into the science of a soundtrack. Another one who can do good Doom and Quake music is Michael Markie.

maj

maj

Soldato
My 4gb rx480 just had a heart attack watching that trailer. Hopefully I'll have my GPU upgrade before this releases.

Associate
Oh ****, wasn't expecting this. I'm still yet to play Eternal after the reviews though. This new entry hopefully addresses Eternal's downfalls, as the new additions look great.

Edit
Yeah new Quake would be amazing. My preference to the Strogg style Quake though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Although I can't see it happening anytime soon, I'd still like to see id software work on something a bit like Doom 3's slower-paced, deeper story-driven experience.
Still looking forward to this, though!

Doom 3 has my second favourite piece of Doom music after Sign of Evil.

So cold, hostile and foreboding wish they'd make a Doom around that.

Caporegime
I'm still yet to play Eternal after the reviews though. This new entry hopefully addresses Eternal's downfalls, as the new additions look great.
This Doom Eternal?

Pretty decent review scores I would argue.

Soldato
Oh ****, wasn't expecting this. I'm still yet to play Eternal after the reviews though. This new entry hopefully addresses Eternal's downfalls, as the new additions look great.
Doom Eternal is amazing. As someone that hated my first playthrough I thought it sucked, but I played again last year, upped the difficulty and really got to grips with the game systems and its easily my fav Doom outside of the original.

Caporegime
Doom 3 has my second favourite piece of Doom music after Sign of Evil.

So cold, hostile and foreboding wish they'd make a Doom around that.

I've always preferred the ambient style of music to the rock-themed works, though I think both have their place.

Love Aubrey Hodges's work on PSX Doom, Quake 64, and Quake II 64. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom