DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xon

Xon

Associate
Hi,

We're just waiting for confirmation from DHL International that collections are resuming before we add the options back to the site - obviously don't want to jump the gun in case there is any delay on their side.

Great news! Let's hope they confirm quickly I have an order pending its been driving me crazy :D

I love this free shipping thing. Just a quick question spie if you or another OCUK employee are free and able to comment, What sort of timeframe are deiveries normally within?

I've ordered a parcel that should be delivered today and has been shown as dispatched and tracking too, thing is I've had it sent to my work address and I finish work at 5 so I'm hoping it will arrive by then. If not, is there a chance that delivery addresses can be different depending on time? (Doubt it, but worth asking.)

Soldato
I love this free shipping thing. Just a quick question spie if you or another OCUK employee are free and able to comment, What sort of timeframe are deiveries normally within?

I've ordered a parcel that should be delivered today and has been shown as dispatched and tracking too, thing is I've had it sent to my work address and I finish work at 5 so I'm hoping it will arrive by then. If not, is there a chance that delivery addresses can be different depending on time? (Doubt it, but worth asking.)

I'd be extremely surprised if that was possible, I mean parcels go to depots based on their delivery location, so it can't be in 2 depots at the same time?

Suspended

As this is a business address it will be delivered before 5pm. If you call our sales team at 3pm if the parcel has not arrived by then and we are to track it for you.

Associate
Really disappointed with OCuk lately. I have bought several thousands of pounds worth of equipment over the years from this website (you can check my e-mail address and your records if you so wish) and I am now told that because I never had a forum account and never used it, I still have to fork out heavily for P+P and now you have removed City Link as your courier - I have never once had a problem with that company, they were and still are an excellent service.

Poor OCuk. Real poor, I think my next machine may be coming from somewhere else if you don't get your act together. Who thought of free P&P for forum members only? What a joke, I only registered to mention my disappointment.

Soldato
Really disappointed with OCuk lately. I have bought several thousands of pounds worth of equipment over the years from this website (you can check my e-mail address and your records if you so wish) and I am now told that because I never had a forum account and never used it, I still have to fork out heavily for P+P and now you have removed City Link as your courier - I have never once had a problem with that company, they were and still are an excellent service.

Poor OCuk. Real poor, I think my next machine may be coming from somewhere else if you don't get your act together. Who thought of free P&P for forum members only? What a joke, I only registered to mention my disappointment.

I doubt there any companies out there, where you're already paying p&p, who would give you free p&p just because you've purchased from them before.

The free p&p is for loyal forum members - people who have been on these forums offering free help to others, providng enjoyment, sharing their happy and sad moments etc. Many of the members had been here for years before Spie generously offered free p&p.

Soldato

We never offered free shipping for everyone on City Link or DHL. The change to DPD has had no effect on this.:confused: Free shipping has only ever been for forum members and you will find this is the case for several of our closest competitors.

Soldato
There's one I can think of that does free delivery, but the hideous Customer Service and company attitude is enough to make me stay well clear :p

But back on topic, my lack of funds is preventing me testing out DPD :(

UPDATE: My delivery arrived in the end, albeit a bit late, but apparenty the driver couldn't find the address :(

Easy to do though, I found it hard to find on my first day at work, as long as it is a one off, I don't mind.

Soldato
I just have to say I have ordered a few things recently and the service from DPD has been excellent so far. Ordered about Lunchtime yesterday received before lunchtime today. And the best thing is that delivery was freeeee :D

Soldato
Funny, I had never heard of DPD or seen any of their vans before. Since OCUK have started using DPD, I swear I've been seeing DPD vans every day. Maybe it's everyone buying from here, maybe it's just coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom