DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Id just like to say many thanks for this change as well.

DHL was absolute rubbish here. The last order I ordered some bits with saturday delivery. Nothing got delivered, not even a card - despite the fact the tracking said "card left". So I ended up driving all the way upto reading to get my stuff, only to find that it had closed when I got there.

Ordered some disks thursday, came first thing friday morning + I have a local depo now so its great :)

Associate
DPD have been great to me so far. After my purchases have been shipped, they arrived the next day bright and early in the morning. Punctual and efficient!

Associate
Great news! Let's hope they confirm quickly I have an order pending its been driving me crazy :D

I am also a Maltese user, and I have bought numerous products from OCUK, namely because its prices (even including shipping) are much better than those found at local retailers.

Unfortunately though, since DHL international is no longer available shipping expenses have increased a mighty lot.

I hope any issues with DHL international are resolved.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Sorry for the delay. I can assure you it's all down to DHL.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. We have a meeting with DHL tomorrow afternoon and hope to have an answer for you later that day.

Soldato
Hi,

So any good news came out of the meeting?

Finally :)

Sorry for the delay but we had to unpick the DHL international account from the DHL UK account, and you know how accountants are :)

The DHL worldwide express service is back right now, that's the air service and to be fair the prices are great for how fast it is delivered.

Associate

Sorry for the delay but we had to unpick the DHL international account from the DHL UK account, and you know how accountants are :)

The DHL worldwide express service is back right now, that's the air service and to be fair the prices are great for how fast it is delivered.

Thanks a lot for bringing DHL worldwide back! :)

Xon

Xon

Associate

Fantastic!!!! :) Thanks :D

Associate
All we need now is something for loyal forum members to reduce the price of DPD's 2 day service to the scottish highlands and islands

Edit:

I dont see what the problem is of getting first class delivery to this area. for example i sent an RMA off to OCuk on thursday it was posted just before 12.00pm at local PO and it arrived with you the next morning.
So if i can send next day delivery via 1st class mail how come i cannot recive next day delivery without paying a premium

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd imagine Royal Mail have some kind of obligation to deliver a service to a certain specification, even if it's not financially beneficial to them.

Hopefully OcUK will do something for loyal forum members to get them a shipping discount on non standard postage or something. Personally the only thing that would affect me is saturday shipping. Perhaps if the "free" shipping cost was deducted from every shipping price then it'd be fair for everybody. I guess that's probably not easy to implement though.

Associate
With the above couriers we would get between 5 and 10 per day.

It's great to see OcUK have found a courier that will improve the business - fewer returns will mean increased profit margins and more time spent building systems, so good move. It's fitting that 5-10 returned systems per day has been identified as courier fault and an alternative courier (who actually care about their consignments) has been sought.

Last edited:
Associate
DPD Deliveries

From my many years experince as a parcel delivery driver, let me calm your nerves little.

I have worked for them all, Business Post (now UK Mail), City Link(now joined with Target), DPD (previously Parceline), DHL (previously Securicor), Interlink (DPD's sister co.), Parcelforce, TNT, and even Nightfreight.

They have all been through rough patches over the years, when customer service has been a low priority, and the motto "if you can't find it - card it" has been the one drivers lived by, (ie prentend you went to the delivery address even though you couldn't be bothered or couldn't find it).

Most of them are now trying to get their acts together.

DPD are industry leaders in using technology to handle and track parcels, they are owned by the french post office, Geopost, who also own Interlink, and operate their own depots throughout Europe. They were called Parceline in th UK until last year.

The bigest problem for all of these companies is with the rise of consumer internet shopping and the resulant rise in the number of "home" deliveries, the reciever not being in to sign for the goods.

Many internet retailers gloss over the fact that you have to be in to sign for your delivery, not wanting to put you off ordering from them, then blame the carrier for any resulting delay.

The reason delivery companies "all deliver when we are out at work" is because that is when they are paid to. With DPD and many others you can pay a premium for a Before 9,10 or 12 delivery or nowadays a PM or evening time slot, some will even text your mobile on the morning of delivery, but with a charge, as all these options icrease the delivery cost.

A few tips if your local depot is miles away, or your address is difficult to find/access to ensure delivery first time.

1) Put a contact phone number in your order address line.

2) Leave a signed note on your front door saying where goods can be left if you are out.

3) Get your address and postcode right! (people often give their work postcode combined with their home address or vice versa) and F's are always being mistaken for S's.

4) Make sure your doorbell works.

5) If your house has a name but no number, make sure your name sign is visible from the road, (not overgrown with ivy), or put a description in the address line (like "oppposite phone box - blue gates etc).

6) Make sure your address has it's number clearly visible from the road.

7) If you've asked for the goods to be left in the porch or garage, remember to leave it unlocked.

8) If you have booked a collection, may sure the goods are packed properly, and addressed ready for return, not just a pile of bits in a plastic bag.

If you follow the tips above it should minimse any delays. All drivers want to get the parcel delivered on the first attempt, many don't get paid for a "card left". But with drivers having over 100 deliveries plus collections in some cases, it's impossible for the depot to give you a time slot, especially when the sender has only paid for a standard next working day delivery.

Au revoir.

Bruce.

Associate
Ahh massively annoyed with DPD atm. Ive been in all day and woke up at 7:00 am this morning and been in the lounge all day which looks right out the front to were my front door is.

Let me put it this way, the driver missed my house completely, heck I even saw the Van drive by. I then checked tracking and which advised a calling card had been left.

Checked everywhere out the front, no calling card.

So I've spent my whole day looking forward to get my order and been waiting very patiently.

It ****es me off to no end the fact that this is the first time this has happened, heck even DHL had no problems nor have other Couriers City-Link etc. What makes it even worse, is that DPD have even delivered to my address before with no issues or problems.

Not a happy bunny, and now Ill have to wait till tomorrow. Have lost faith in DPD =/

Sad Panda Q_Q

Edit: Well I got the case the next day. And well the delivery man apologised and was very sorry as he had delivered it to the wrong property. It was nice and we had a quick chat while i signed, really nice people. At least in the future, I know if something goes wrong they are easy to contact and pleasant as well. My faith in DPD has been restored.

PS: The bits came and they are awesome ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom