DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I got my i7 D0 retail the other month from OcUK. Came without any decent packaging, was just the cpu box in a ****ty plastic bag from DPD and when I opened the bag the box was all damaged, like it had been thrown around. Paid £250 + £8 postage for it then, I expected better delivery quality.

Associate
Hi all - new poster here so hellooooo!

Just thought i'd post, as seems no one from the CI has posted yet (Channel Islands).

I'm in Jersey, just ordered my new PC yesterday with 2 cases (one for old rig to go in), got to Jersey depot this morning, and I thought i'd call them today to find out if i'd get it today or tommorow.

I'll be collecting it tommorow as a preference, but all in all great service and the staff on the other end of the phone this end were very helpful, they even informed me of where to go and what to do to pay 3% GST Import charge (which all people in Jersey have to do for anything over £600 now). So yeah, great so far and i'll let you all know tommorow how it arrives! :)

OH! And there is no official "DPD" Depot here, it comes through Interlink (sister company).

Associate
Oh, and for people who were worried about where depots are... I think that they would probably use an interlink depot if it was closer (like me) as i'm on an island and don't even have a DPD depot here!

Associate
been very happy with DPD ....their delivery is great , always arrive before 11am the next day ...had about 8 things delivered from OCUK over last few months and DPD always deliver (if you know what i mean )!!! lol

Soldato
I'm pretty lucky with the deliveries - I normally get them before midday, and my adress is pretty easy to find, if a little difficult to get to. Still, capable couriers are a must.

One question: why is VAT charged on deliveries? Perhaps it's just laid out differently on OC, but most other palces give you a product price inc/exc VAT, and a single delivery price added on to the former, but here the delivery price is added to the latter and VAT charged on the bundle. Any clues?

Associate
My first experience with DPD has not been too good. My boxed Antec 1200 case arrived with multiple large tears from top to bottom. Upon closer inspection it was found that the plastic bag within the box was the only barrier that prevented the contents of smashed perspex and bent metal from spilling out. The driver may aswell of shook it *sound of rattling plastic/metal* and say "there you go sonny!" lol

TBH Overclockers were quick in arranging collection of the damaged case, but unfortunately DPD seem to have misplaced the item upon return. As a consequence OC cannot supply a replacement until the item has been found.

In the end I ordered from a different supplier and paid a premium for a Saturday delivery.

I have been a customer with OC for as long as I can remember and have always received excellent service on every occasion. Maybe I have just been unlucky this time?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, some times dpd are good, the outher time the driver tried to deliver to the wroung house! I rang DPD and they said they would send him back out again, then he had the cheek to ring me himself and beg me not to make him do it. It was the friday before a bank holiday! Maby im over reacting but thats not great. I miss the citylink guy, keast he was alway nice :p

Soldato
My experiences with DPD have not been good.

I've made 3 orders so far and two of them I've been sat around waiting for the delivery until 6pm (I finish work at 4) and nothing has turned up. I checked the online tracking and it says that the driver tried to deliver and left a card, but strangely no one came to the office and a card cetainly wasn't left.

When you ring customer services to track the parcel they say they won't call the driver until after 4 and then after 4 the driver's number just diverts to voicemail. Also they refuse to deliver to another address without a written request from the sender?!

In honesty the service I've received from them has put me off using Overclockers, which is a shame as the prices are great and the one time that delivery was on time I was very happy.

Perhaps there could be a notes section when ordering so you can leave specific notes for the courier such as a phone number to ring or secure place to leave the parcel?

Associate
My experiences with DPD have not been good.

I've made 3 orders so far and two of them I've been sat around waiting for the delivery until 6pm (I finish work at 4) and nothing has turned up. I checked the online tracking and it says that the driver tried to deliver and left a card, but strangely no one came to the office and a card cetainly wasn't left.

When you ring customer services to track the parcel they say they won't call the driver until after 4 and then after 4 the driver's number just diverts to voicemail. Also they refuse to deliver to another address without a written request from the sender?!

In honesty the service I've received from them has put me off using Overclockers, which is a shame as the prices are great and the one time that delivery was on time I was very happy.

Perhaps there could be a notes section when ordering so you can leave specific notes for the courier such as a phone number to ring or secure place to leave the parcel?

This strikes me as a real shame - why is society so non-customer focused nowadays?

Associate
DPD do this too me too, say they have called but leave no note. Its criminal that we pay for this service, find a new courour ocuk, you are being let down

Soldato
DPD do this too me too, say they have called but leave no note. Its criminal that we pay for this service, find a new courour ocuk, you are being let down

also had them do this to me.

say they left a card and tried to deliver, when clearly they are lying.

someone should have a word if they seem to do this to so many people as it lets down the good ocuk name

Godfather
Godfather
OP
We've tried all the main companies over the last 10 years. None are perfect but I can tell you with absolute certainty that DPD are the most reliable. This isn't fiction, but fact, based on 5,000+ consignments per week.

There will always be a few that don't work out, but overall a massive reduction in damages, failed deliveries and complaints says it all.

Permabanned
To be fair to Spie and OcUK I think it is fair to say that once a parcel passes from OcUK to the courier, OcUK are as much at the mercy of the courier as the customer is.

It is not in OcUK's interest to use a poorly performing courier, I would imagine that would only tie up OcUK staff with queries about missing or late deliveries as well as damage it good name.

Things go wrong, but is as annoying for OcUK as the customer.

Associate
first i liked DHL evry time i was ordering, my delivery arrive next day 10-11am, but DPD i get my pack normaly radom times.

Soldato
Well DPD are just too efficient it would seem! :D

Got into the office this morning at 8.15 to find they'd already tried to deliver! First time that's ever happened here. Now have to trek across Brum to collect it tomorrow morning.

Oh well, can't really complain at packages being delivered too quickly, wasn't like it was 6am :)

Also they refuse to deliver to another address without a written request from the sender?!

That's a perfectly reasonable stipulation IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom