Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
Yes, innocent until proving guilty.

If they’re guilty, throw them in prison!

Unless proven guilty but turns out they’re innocent. In which case they were innocent all along!

I’m sure he hasn’t technically committed any crime. And a technically innocent person is the most innocent of all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Its actually a bit weird to me that video, he talks about how he wants to be completely transparent with his viewers and goes on to talk about how he cheated on his wife. I wouldnt want to know frankly, I dont expect strangers to me to be transparent with me, or to tell me about every major detail of their private lives, hell I dont even want to know what people that I work with get up to in their private lives. I wouldnt be expecting a work colleague to tell me if he/she has cheated on their partner, its none of my business, private/work life boundaries and all that.

Different obviously if they are doing something illegal but just cheating on their spouse with another adult...not only would I not want to know about that, I wouldnt even think that I have the right to know about it, I see no reason why someone would want to be THAT transparent with me.

Last edited:
Associate
Its actually a bit weird to me that video, he talks about how he wants to be completely transparent with his viewers and goes on to talk about how he cheated on his wife. I wouldnt want to know frankly, I dont expect strangers to me to be transparent with me, or to tell me about every major detail of their private lives, hell I dont even want to know what people that I work with get up to in their private lives. I wouldnt be expecting a work colleague to tell me if he/she has cheated on their partner, its none of my business, private/work life boundaries and all that.

Different obviously if they are doing something illegal but just cheating on their spouse with another adult...not only would I not want to know about that, I wouldnt even think that I have the right to know about it, I see no reason why someone would want to be THAT transparent with me.
Damage control. Undoubtably any celebrity would get buckets of abuse online if they got exposed as a cheater, but maybe slightly less if they exposed themselves first and made themselves seem honest.

Soldato
I’m sure he hasn’t technically committed any crime.

Only two people so far are even relevant and it's not described as a crime:

Cody Conners said:
He got banned because got caught sexting a minor in the then existing Twitch whispers product. He was trying to meet up with her at TwitchCon. The powers that be could read in plain text.
Herschel Guy Beahm / Dr Disrespect said:
Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more.

Doc only admits a milder interpretation of what Cody said. But that's still an HR magnet even if it's not illegal, company rules go further than law. It's not a good look to know your employee/business partner was inappropriate to minors but you kept them on because it's not technically a crime.

Man of Honour
Damage control. Undoubtably any celebrity would get buckets of abuse online if they got exposed as a cheater, but maybe slightly less if they exposed themselves first and made themselves seem honest.
Cant say that I care if a "celebrity" cheats on their other half, life isnt roses and a lot of people cheat, sometimes a crazy one night stand, sometimes a marriage which has turned stale, sometimes a marriage which isnt as good on the inside as it appears to people on the outside (cant count how many people I know who have broken up and have had friends say "oh, but I thought they were such a good couple!" , theres many reasons why someone might cheat on an occassion. All of which arent my business of course :)

Associate
Cant say that I care if a "celebrity" cheats on their other half, life isnt roses and a lot of people cheat, sometimes a crazy one night stand, sometimes a marriage which has turned stale, sometimes a marriage which isnt as good on the inside as it appears to people on the outside (cant count how many people I know who have broken up and have had friends say "oh, but I thought they were such a good couple!" , theres many reasons why someone might cheat on an occassion. All of which arent my business of course :)
Yeah for sure, by all means I probably wouldn't care too much either, but diehard fans out there will probably take it out of hand :p

Soldato

Doc only admits a milder interpretation of what Cody said. But that's still an HR magnet even if it's not illegal, company rules go further than law. It's not a good look to know your employee/business partner was inappropriate to minors but you kept them on because it's not technically a crime.
Sexting a minor isn’t a crime? Are you sure about that?

Soldato
innocent until proven guilty.. we seem to have lost that somewhere along the past 30 years.. and damn the consequence of judging someone guilty, when it turns out they are innocent. a perfect example is the post office scandal how many lives recked.. the general public are the worst for it.
People have also forgotten that only applies to criminal trials, not even civil trials. The court of public opinion sees a notorious scumbag admiting to sending inappropriate messages to a child and doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Mason Greenwood is innocent until proven guilty too but he's a still a rapist. At worst he's a nonce, at the very best it's the second instance of him cheating on his wife in the same year.

I'll never understand why people are so intent on defending clear scumbags.

Associate
but diehard fans out there will probably take it out of hand
Internal Morality Police will always have a problem with it, because the person has'nt been publicly and professionally destroyed.

Reality is, general public understands and as long as no criminal or highly immoral activity is undertaken, everyone moves on.

Soldato

Sexting a minor isn’t a crime? Are you sure about that?
I've never said I'm sure about this being a crime.

The post you quoted doesn't say me saying that.

Are you going to say that?

Associate
Has anything been found out about the age of this minor? In the US the person could be 12 or 17 and still be classed as that.
If the person was 17 it just makes doc look a bit sleezy and stupid. 12 though and you're in nonce territory.

Soldato
I've never said I'm sure about this being a crime.

The post you quoted doesn't say me saying that.

Are you going to say that?
So what were you saying here?
either sexting a minor is a crime therefore it absolutely was described as a crime or it’s not a crime which case your statement is correct.

Last edited:
Soldato
So what were you saying here?

either sexting a minor is a crime therefore it absolutely was described as a crime or it’s not a crime which case your statement is correct.

I’m sure he hasn’t technically committed any crime.

Cody Conners said:
He got banned because got caught sexting a minor in the then existing Twitch whispers product. He was trying to meet up with her at TwitchCon. The powers that be could read in plain text.
Herschel Guy Beahm / Dr Disrespect said:
Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more.

So what you do is you read the post and you see that at no point did the two quoted relevant people describe it as a crime.

Then you say, it was not described as a crime and point to the quotes being referenced.

If you want to make a clear claim that there was or was not a crime you go ahead.

Soldato
So what you do is you read the post and you see that at no point did the two quoted relevant people describe it as a crime.
Cody said he was sexting a minor.

I’m pretty certain that is a crime therefore one of the two relevant people did in indeed describe/allege a crime took place.

Then you say, it was not described as a crime and point to the quotes being referenced.
Not what I said. Not even close to what I said.

If you want to make a clear claim that there was or was not a crime you go ahead.
Okay I will. I think sexting a minor is a crime.

Soldato
Cody said he was sexting a minor.

I’m pretty certain that is a crime therefore one of the two relevant people did in indeed describe/allege a crime took place.

Okay I will. I think sexting a minor is a crime.

That's great to hear you have an opinion on the legality.

I couldn't tell you if it's factually true or not and I won't be taking your word for it.

Soldato
That's great to hear you have an opinion on the legality.

I couldn't tell you if it's factually true or not and I won't be taking your word for it.
So you are unsure if sexting a minor is a crime.

Not sure why it took several posts for you to answer the question I originally asked you but thank you for finally getting there.

Soldato
So you are unsure if sexting a minor is a crime.

Not sure why it took several posts for you to answer the question I originally asked you but thank you for finally getting there.

I am unsure if a crime has been committed and I refer to the only relevant people, Cody and Doc, not claiming a crime having taken place.

Any scenario claimed to be mine other than that, is simply you lying. So you'd be joining @sidimmu. Do you want to be like that.

Back
Top Bottom