Dragon Age:inquisition

Soldato
Had my first Dragon encounter at Lady Shayna's Valley......It went badly.

I suck at this game

I think some areas are for you to come back to later. There are a few parts in the Hinterlands I've had to leave, that part and a rift with some Rage demon that crucifies my party in seconds.
I am having much more fun being an archer though as melee Rogue was quite tough, granted I'm playing on Nightmare. The terror spawn things with the knock down aoe attack are really annoying too.
I'm messing about in the Storm Coast at the moment, I have not progressed the main story past the Hinterlands bit.

Soldato
I got this game at christmas but wish i had played it more and now really getting into it , i have 3 builds on the go but my mage build is the one i am going to continue in the game more with for sure :) having lots of fun with fire and crafted a better staff & armor but early days as this character is only level 7 .

Soldato
I am now level 21 and think I'm near the end. Can someone read the spoiler and confirm please.

Just on the way to the well after lighting up all the floor tiles and killed the elven guardians

I have missed soooo much content though as I completed all the ones I was in and out levelled a few of the ones I hadn't been to so skipped them unless main quest line took me there. I think I may have made a mistake playing through in normal as I haven't had to think about any tactics for ages either. On harder modes do you level slower too or are the mobs just harder?

Soldato
Done sooo many quests in Hinterlands now and I'm still only level 9. I am at the part of the story where I will decide who to recruit to the inquisition out the two sides.

Soldato
Just got round to finishing this. Been by far the best game I've played in ages. My only gripe is that I out levelled the areas too quickly and so seem to have missed out on loads of content (I've only found one mount for instance).

I'm not one for replaying games generally but will try this on hardest difficulty to see if I can stick through it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm proper stuck now on the mission where (after choosing sides)
You are fighting either templars or mages, and having to load the trebuchets. I'm playing on Nightmare and just getting overwhelmed. Gone back to finish as many quests as I can and gear up a bit better but most my party are like level 10.

Associate
Picked this up on Monday, about 3 hours or so in now.

Really really enjoying it. Playing it through on Hard for the first run, it is quite testing and I've been smacked down a few times already.

Quite an overwhelming game, lots of places you can go, bumped into a dragon which didn't end very well for me at all.

Caporegime
Do I need to have played any of the previous Dragon Age games or would I be alright jumping straight into this?

If it's like Mass Effect, there will be characters from the first two in Inquisition. I never played them so wasn't sure who was new and who was in it before. So I probably didn't care about some characters as much as I could have.

Soldato
I'm around 6 hours into this as a human mage, it's not my usual type of game and I'm going between enjoying it and finding it quite tedious. I'll definitely stick with it though.

One thing I'm struggling with is having to manage a party of players. I'd upgraded some of my skills, but with no real plan to it, and after 6 hours I've only just realised I'm supposed to have upgraded my party characters as well. It's a real chore keeping on top of it all, what with having to sort their weapons and armour out as well.

I Googled 'DA:I mage tips' and I found a thread with people talking about 'builds', and none of it made sense. I feel like I'm really going to struggle with this game as I'm just picking skills that sound good when I upgrade.

Basically I'm finding the whole game quite overwhelming, and it's not very obvious how I'm supposed to upgrade my character in the best way.

Back
Top Bottom