Dragon Age: The Veilguard

My good god :cry:

I just wish I had my woke word bingo card on me right now, I’ve always wanted to win a fondue set or giant stuffed teddy bear :(

Jesus Christ, how utterly embarassing, imagine actually being brought to tears by this nonsense, as an adult? Of course, they weren't actually brought to tears at all, it's just overwrought virtue signalling, but IGN gonna IGN...goota shill that DEI content as they slide even further into irrelevance.

To think I actually saw this day in video games...

:cry:

They have definitely set out to make sure no-one gets their fee fees hurt in any way at all. It looks like a game for 10 year olds.
That’s what I took from it.
It’s like they’ve tried to cater for anyone and everyone’s feelings/insecurities apart from actual gamers just to tick a few boxes and satisfy the HR dept who are constantly looming over the devs shoulders.
I’ve said it before, but I don’t want to dislike games or want studios to go bust, but FFS take all this pandering to the 1% bullcrap out of games and focus on your actual customers who’ll keep you in business.
Not too hard is it?

Can anyone honestly say they've been brought to tears from a Game?

Well Cyberpunk hit me in the feels after watching the Edgerunner Series and I heard "that" song on the radio while cruising around night city.

This song, hits like a freight train after watching Edgerunner's and playing the game. Do not watch if you haven't seen the series or played the game and intend too.

Last edited:
Plenty of times I have been made emotional from Video games, same as I have been by books. I'm obviously not the beacon of masculinity and still get a bit wet-eyed at the end of LoTR for example.

I'll be honest I have very little interest in the whole gender thing either way, as long as it's not a large majority of the game, or a central point of the story I have no issue with them forcing the modern-day-agenda into a side characters back story, other people have other opinions obviously. My entire interest is the central storyline and the majority of the lore.

Arieth dying in FF7 got me back in the PS1 days.:( :cry:

I feel like there should be a novel idea in these new RPG's. Just go-ahead and add a list option in the character creator, and a toggle if your trans/bi etc. If trans/bi is toggled it will restrict the options in the list to prefer XY,XX and you pick whatever or both. If your bread is buttered the standard way, then your preferred option will always be the opposite of your characters gender simples displayed only not changeable.

Then you just use those options to display or not display dialog options, zing everyone happy I am sure modders could even do this. But I imagine someone somewhere would be offended.

Last edited:
Plenty of times I have been made emotional from Video games, same as I have been by books. I'm obviously not the beacon of masculinity and still get a bit wet-eyed at the end of LoTR for example.

I'll be honest I have very little interest in the whole gender thing either way, as long as it's not a large majority of the game, or a central point of the story I have no issue with them forcing the modern-day-agenda into a side characters back story, other people have other opinions obviously. My entire interest is the central storyline and the majority of the lore.

Bu that's earned, because of great writing, acting and story-telling, this nonsense does not compare at all. People pretending they were crying about some total nonsense in a FANTASY video game that's simply been put there for some DEI funding, and so corpo HR people can high-five each otherabput how many boxes they ticked.

Two entirely dofferent things here with LOTR and this rubbish.

Bu that's earned, because of great writing, acting and story-telling, this nonsense does not compare at all. People pretending they were crying about some total nonsense in a FANTASY video game that's simply been put there for some DEI funding, and so corpo HR people can high-five each otherabput how many boxes they ticked.

Two entirely dofferent things here with LOTR and this rubbish.

Ah, wasn't aware you'd played the game and finished it yet. I'm not judging it until I've played it, which as I've said before will probably be a long time anyway because I'm not allowed to buy anything else until I clear some of the backlog.

I suspect I certainly won't shed any tears over a Bioware game, but was answering the question, I could've gone for the various Final Fantasy moments, or any other RPG moment which has.

The IGN review doesn't even mention being bought to tears, where are people getting this?
Not sure, but in the review..

"as a non-binary person myself, Veilguard includes some of the most authentic representation of coming to terms with gender stuff – and having to navigate your family's reaction to it I've seen yet in a game. It doesn't feel like an after school special or like I'm being pandered to. It's quite well-handled, and finding out that the writer for this character is non-binary themselves did not surprise me at all."

Fine, and fair enough, but don't ram it down our necks (for want of a better phrase) for those or us that aren't.
Or give us pretty much what Dem2k said.

To the moon was the only game that made me cry. Rarely get emotionally invested in games tbh.

OMG. I was just about to post that!

Same here. That track with the piano was very powerful and evoked a lot of emotions.

Don't recall any other game doing that.

Back
Top Bottom