Driveclub more details

kdd

kdd

Soldato
? Like I said the AI slow down for you, then speed up which creates the feeling of rubber banding AI.

Doesn't really work like that for me, if you are way behind the ai slow down a bit but if you aren't a slow coach which you won't be if you have a bit of skill or practise, there is no ai adjustment in the game, I think that is a safe conclusion.I don't really see how the ai slowing down if you get too far behind works as 'rubber banding' in any instance. Sounds like fanboy passive agression to me.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Oh dear, best we just leave it right there.

Why don't you read that article again dopey. I don't think you are willing to fully understand the concept. Back to the game I love how there are no fps drops or input lag EVER. I loved games like F1 and GRID on ps3 but thaat fps...

Soldato
Yeah, I've noticed this a few times. I did an event where I had to beat a set time so let the pack race off so I had a "clean lap". I caught the pack up in no time :mad:

Likewise..

instead for the clean lap star I just rammed my way to the front and did my best to stay there, even then that's tricky as the ai has super charged speed on the straights...

no, sorry I've said it before, the ai is poor imo. I've noticed they seem ok to dodge you when sat still still as duel shockers showed in their video to prove the ai isn't dumb. but it's different when moving, they ram you, push you and catch up.

never get a car to the end without some sort of contact in drive club. project cars with work in progress ai on the pc early access has better ai. even gt zombie mode ai is better lol

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Likewise..

instead for the clean lap star I just rammed my way to the front and did my best to stay there, even then that's tricky as the ai has super charged speed on the straights...

no, sorry I've said it before, the ai is poor imo. I've noticed they seem ok to dodge you when sat still still as duel shockers showed in their video to prove the ai isn't dumb. but it's different when moving, they ram you, push you and catch up.

never get a car to the end without some sort of contact in drive club. project cars with work in progress ai on the pc early access has better ai. even gt zombie mode ai is better lol

I would say the AI are pretty good, they race you, a lot of the contact comes from 2 cars into 1 gap won't go. You learn you adapt.

Associate
This video is about the reviews of Driveclub which I agree with.

Driveclub got rated badly because it only did one thing well which was intense racing. Which is kind of the most important feature in this genre.

Seems that because something doesn't do everything in one nowadays, then its bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was watching videos of pgr4 about an hour ago on YouTube. pgr4 thought had intense driving had looked photo realistic.

sadly, its now looking a little aged and the cars looked boxy and the action had cars that never seemed to bunch up or attack back when you overtook.

so, looked at videos of gt4 my all tkme fav console racer, its so dated, and no on car view. I think actually we are a bit spoilt , drive club is a looker, and never lets up in driving action..

also, review sites are terrible places to get an idea of a game, it's so subjective. some just don't review correctly.... polygon actually revised their review now parts of online are working..

be interesting it see if dlc actually comes out of this game is left to die...

Soldato
Nope cannot play the single player it's just awful. Twice in a row I have been leading and either beaten at the line by a super charged car or just constantly rammed until I spin out. The AI in this is awful.

Will stick to online...

Back
Top Bottom