Driveclub more details

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I see no reason they cannot release it other than they are worried about how dire the game is. Surely it could just be released as a single player game with possible online if you are very lucky just like the full game.

The way it has been dealt with by Sony means none of my future games will be Digital from PSN.

Just the opinion of somebody who doesn't really like racing, somebody who doesn't really like games... I can't get past Forza's handling, it's a game that likes to hold your hand for you. DC is very challenging and exhilerating, something that some won't notice.

Soldato
Just the opinion of somebody who doesn't really like racing, somebody who doesn't really like games... I can't get past Forza's handling, it's a game that likes to hold your hand for you. DC is very challenging and exhilerating, something that some won't notice.

Challenging as in you nearly throw the controller challenging?

as yep, drive club exceeds in this at times.... some of the goals to get good a star, mother of God are they challenging aka frustrating..

Soldato
Im finding DC quite hard, I like a challenge but need to find the sweet spot in the difficulty setting as sometimes its just too easy and others I end up dueling 2 or 3 other cars for last place lol. I need to master the tracks better as I keep getting penalties and block those AI cars that suddenly develop an extra turbo and boost right up to my rear bumper.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I know what you mean it is hard, but I like the fact that they have gone old school hard in many instances rather than made it a lightweight cash cow. the handling and speed of the Henessey is insane. Challenging difficulty pushes you to greater heights in my opinion.

Soldato

I share my opinion with most of the Internet tbh.

It's frustrating and broken. It could be good but a month after launch and with a years extra dev time I doubt it will be.

I like games on all consoles and PC. Racing games are some of my favourite.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I share my opinion with most of the Internet tbh.

It's frustrating and broken. It could be good but a month after launch and with a years extra dev time I doubt it will be.

I like games on all consoles and PC. Racing games are some of my favourite.

Is your sofa broken? you forgot to add in my opinion. Game is very fast and playable imo. Quite a refreshing challenge. The gripers who know nothing about games not the rest of the internet you mean.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
By the way 'Frustrating?' too hard for tubby sofa surfers you mean. Once you get past the intital frustration of finding it difficult perhaps it is quite an adrenalin rush of a racing game, you could argue that DC is basic in some respects I.E. the career structure but the handling and speed, the challenges and competition are a lot of fun. When the mp is finally fixed it will open this game up for me a bit more.

Soldato
Is your sofa broken? you forgot to add in my opinion. Game is very fast and playable imo. Quite a refreshing challenge. The gripers who know nothing about games not the rest of the internet you mean.

Calm down, he is correct in that the devs had plenty of extra time, the online part is still very broken, but the solo challenges are good.

there is a good game in drive club, but it's tainted with a somewhat troubled launch..

we're all allowed an opinion.. but you are right the game is challenging.

Soldato

Ah it's you again the chap who cannot take any negativity towards the PS4 games in any form. :)

I agree with you the game is very good when it works and when the AI does not ram you or boost past at the last moment and it stays connected during a race.

With a bit of tweaking it will get better but I feel it's a bit late now to redeem itself.

:D can't say I have been called tubby before. Made me chuckle none the less...

Last edited:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Ah it's you again the chap who cannot take any negativity towards the PS4 in any form. :)

I agree with you the game is very good when it works and when the AI does not ram you or boost past at the last moment and it stays connected during a race.

With a bit of tweaking it will get better but I feel it's a bit late now to redeem itself.

The ai doesn't boost past you, it either gets in your slipstream or exits a corner quicker, however the ai has no advantages tbh, I have heard a few mention this, all the rest best trollface on moogleys!

Soldato
The ai doesn't boost past you, it either gets in your slipstream or exits a corner quicker, however the ai has no advantages tbh, I have heard a few mention this, all the rest best trollface on moogleys!

The AI do slow down to let you catch up though I am sure the dev confirmed....so in effect once you get in front and they go faster its very much like rubber banding AI.

Soldato

Can you not discuss without being angry... :confused:

They overtake you on straights like you are standing still when you are flat out even approaching from opposite sides of the road.

I understand it's an Arcade racer but it does get quite frustrating.

Soldato
The AI do slow down to let you catch up though I am sure the dev confirmed....so in effect once you get in front and they go faster its very much like rubber banding AI.

Yeah, I've noticed this a few times. I did an event where I had to beat a set time so let the pack race off so I had a "clean lap". I caught the pack up in no time :mad:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Can you not discuss without being angry... :confused:

They overtake you on straights like you are standing still when you are flat out even approaching from opposite sides of the road.

I understand it's an Arcade racer but it does get quite frustrating.

Sigh

Soldato
Anyone got any recommendations for good track/weather/time of day combinations? (Single races obviously)

On some tracks, at the right time of day it can look absolutely stunning. I need to find it again but on one track I think in Norway you go through a tunnel that is open on one side so the low sunlight was beaming in. It looked so damn awesome I almost crashed looking at the scene, it was a screenshot moment I missed.

Soldato
People ramming you off track is so annoying. :mad:

Was on a straight on a Chile track and someone just deliberately side swiped me, making me spin out.

Be good if they can implement some kind of big penalty for this!

kdd

kdd

Soldato

Hmm did a search and found nothing link? I would say that perhaps you have catchup possibly but not the AI and what you imagine is the AI with catchup is them drafting you or exiting a corner quicker, some of the AI drivers can be pretty quick.

Soldato
It's annoying when the AI crash into you and you get points deducted.

I have had a few decent online races with friends but playing with randoms usually ends in bumper cars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom