Driveclub more details

Caporegime
That's the thing though, it's all rumours. Until they confirm the upgrade price and what actually comes in this PS+ edition then it's just speculation. Not sure why they haven't announced it yet, we're not that far off release.

Soldato
Not that bothered about the game as such but it might mess up my plan of buying just the PS4 on day one as I have PS+. A couple of demos and the cut down Drive Club would have meant that I could take my time in buying my first game.

Soldato
Not that bothered about the game as such but it might mess up my plan of buying just the PS4 on day one as I have PS+. A couple of demos and the cut down Drive Club would have meant that I could take my time in buying my first game.

There are some free to play games as well remember

Soldato
Perfectly fine with this, if it means a better game in feb/march rather than a rushed product next month? no brainer surely.

To be honest I wouldn't even pick up on launch since ill be busy with COD, Killzone for a good couple of months at the least.

Soldato
So still nothing official :confused:

Either it's a complete non-story and they feel like they don't need to bother commenting (which would be silly) or someone at Sony behind the scenes is kicking up some serious **** with the devs :p

Associate
I am/was looking forward to this as well as watch dogs! But I think cancelling a pre-order over it is silly given that the main reasons I've gone for a PS4 are the better hardware specs which I look forward to folks like naughty dog working magic with, devs like ND in their own right being PS only, and PS+.

Given the expected lifetime of such a machine, 1 or 2 games being delayed by a few months is nothing really and it would be a bit short sighted to drop a PS4 given what greatness I expect to come further down the line.

Though each to their own.

Caporegime
OP
So still nothing official :confused:

Either it's a complete non-story and they feel like they don't need to bother commenting (which would be silly) or someone at Sony behind the scenes is kicking up some serious **** with the devs :p

It is odd how they have not said a single word about how it's not delayed, which you would assume they would do if there is no problem.

Soldato
Official word. Delayed until early 2014.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014. DRIVECLUB will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision — and I’m fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.

Caporegime
Wow, that is a real blow, I wonder if they'll stick something else in PS+. People have mentioned Knack but surely they would have to take the extra time to make a PS+ cut down edition?

Edit: Read the link, Contrast is being added, never heard of it. Anyone else been following it?

Associate
Wow, that is a real blow, I wonder if they'll stick something else in PS+. People have mentioned Knack but surely they would have to take the extra time to make a PS+ cut down edition?

Edit: Read the link, Contrast is being added, never heard of it. Anyone else been following it?

Yeah I have been, was about to pre-order it on Steam the other day until I spoke to my friend about it (he works in GAME). They had a training day with the PS4 earlier in the week and Contrast was one of the games they got to try. He said it was very good, and to either get it on PS4 or PC as it was gorgeous looking (it's on this gen consoles too I believe) and full of great ideas. He only got to play for 40 minutes or so but said it was one of the best games he had played from the next gen so far.

Here is a dev commentary of the game, being played on a 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUm7-_-iJVM

Back
Top Bottom