Driveclub more details

Soldato
Bit of a shame, as this was why I pre-ordered. I'm keen to see what the next level of tech can do for my favourite gaming genre. There's nothing else in the pipeline which lights my candle.

Oh well, that's gaming for you. This hobby has always been as much about disappointment as satisfaction. Might cancel the preorder now, because I don't really need a £350 Resogun machine. :)

Soldato
Not the best of news but Drive Club wasn't the reason I was buying the PS4. I would have liked to have it on Day One but I can wait a couple of months if it means that it's going to be a more polished game, it's not that I'll have nothing else to get on with in the meantime.

Associate
For me, Killzone bundle with Knack is enough to justify the day 1 purchase.

For those that are cancelling, surely it's better to hold on to it to sell on at Christmas?

Soldato
For those that are cancelling, surely it's better to hold on to it to sell on at Christmas?
I don't think there'll be huge demand after the initial flush of early adopters. Very few exclusive next gen titles will be out and devs are doing great things on the existing generation.

I might be wrong, but I'll be amazed if people are prepared to pay much of a premium for these things. However I am regularly amazed at what idiots will do, so they'll probably be on Ebay for a grand the day after I cancel my order. :)

I'm struggling to find anything else I want though. I'd be tempted to go XBO/Forza instead if it wasn't for the stupid wheel restrictions. That's why I went PS3/GT5 in the first place.

I do find myself wondering whether GT6 is a factor in all this though. If preorders were poor and it looks relatively poor compared to Driveclub, pushing DC back a few months may make financial sense, especially if you throw in potential early network issues.

Soldato
So it will be Killzone bundle with NFS for me on launch day, plus whatever comes with PS+.

Still a bit gutted, but come Jan/Feb things should start to improve games-wise.

Soldato
Shame about Drive Club, but reports were saying after eurogamer expo that the game still looked rough and was needing more work. So not overly surprised IMO.

killzone will be enough for me, as will Contrast as had that on my pre order scope over on Steam, but I'll hold off on that now and play in via PS+ on my PS4 instead.

Back
Top Bottom