Driveclub more details

Soldato
In that vid the engines sound a bit weak, or samey.

Also whats with the timer telling you to get back on track if you have two wheels on the grass about? corner penalties etc!?

The commentators are funny, I cant tell if they are ****ging each other a little because they are good mates or they hate each other lol

Couple of f swearies at the end of that vid too.

Last edited:
Soldato
The lite version will tell me whether I want to buy or not. I'm not pre-ordering. If it totally blows everything out of the water and I want to keep it forever and ever I will upgrade. If not, retail (for re-sale/trade).

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I will play the free version and upgrade if any good.

It seems silly to order now when there is a nice big demo to try before you buy to me...

There is a point to that thinking, this could be a 7/8 out of 10 game not to everyone's taste and perhaps money wasted, The Crew could get my attention more because of its open world setting and the huge variety that offers but i think DC's grphics and physics could be very accomplished and the locations also.

Caporegime
OP
I've gone from a solid purchase, to trying the demo and seeing what it's actually like, purely because of how amazing FH2 is.

I just hope FH2 doesn't ruin it and this is a fun title, if it's I'll snap it up.

Soldato
Pre-order bonuses?

Why does anyone pre-order anything nowadays

I do still pre-order games, but mainly ones that I'm confident will be excellent or have managed to get a good price for. I'm effectively paying for the PS+ version of DC though so I might as well see what it's like before putting any more money into it.

Really do hope it's decent though, last driving game I enjoyed was Forza Horizon on the 360, that was ages ago.

Soldato
Indeed. Especially can't understand the people pre-ordering the (non-refundable?) download edition.

I got mine from Tesco for £21 using ClubCard points, so even if I don't like it, I can almost certainly sell it for more.

If it wasn't for that though I'd probably be going the PS+ version > Full version path.

Why does anyone pre-order anything nowadays

Ignoring pre-order bonuses, to take advantage of occasional cheaper initial pricing, or just click and forget. Once it's ordered, it's ordered.

Soldato
Love this gif. Watched it over and over. I love the sense of speed and how all the cars lurch over the bumps in the road. In car view is really smart.

ibnaEcz7viI6MU.gif

Soldato
Oh god here we go! :rolleyes: GT all over again and what about the tyre noise? :eek:
Joking btw

If anything I felt the engine tones and noises were very good indeed. Visuals and sound this game has got, gameplay - well I have no idea until I play it.

Forza 5 on the X1 looked and sounded pretty good until you play it, and I soon realised that despite GT6 sounding woeful, its gameplay and handling is sublime comparable to Forza 5.

Looks and sound can be deceiving sadly.

Soldato
Indeed.

For the first time from those videos, the looks, give me a urge for a ps4.

Likes said though, im happy to wait and see. Even so, from this you can say some benchmark for where they are aiming to go with the genre, can't be anything but a good thing for maybe a new turisimo game, or whatever else.

Back
Top Bottom