Driveclub more details

Soldato
Graphically this looks immense.

But, I can't help but feel there's going to be some sort of a catch, some sort of a chink in the armour - it's all just too perfect at the moment. Ok, it's no sim - I get that, but PLEASE don't let this be bloody ridge racer HD, please make the cars feel like cars.

Soldato
Hmm graphically im not sure about this game as much now. Gamersyde just uploaded about 8 1080p videos which is what that GIF is from below and to me they just looked a little flat and bland.
You can make most games look amazing in tiny GIFS but full screen they just didn't look as impressive as some of the footage iv seen before.

This...

https://mediacru.sh/UItzyPYLrFhZ/frame

for example looks amazing but the new videos not so much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gone for the PSN pre-order! Topped up my wallet with the PayPal offer (which actually worked!), so in my eyes I'm getting it for £25, with money left over for the Abe remake :)

Soldato
Hmm graphically im not sure about this game as much now. Gamersyde just uploaded about 8 1080p videos which is what that GIF is from below and to me they just looked a little flat and bland.
You can make most games look amazing in tiny GIFS but full screen they just didn't look as impressive as some of the footage iv seen before.

This...

https://mediacru.sh/UItzyPYLrFhZ/frame

for example looks amazing but the new videos not so much.

Links please!

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I haven't got any driving games for my PS4 and haven't played any ages so I think I will just hook this up to the artery closest to my brain when I get it (drools and foams at mouth)

Soldato
It does look good. Depends on how realistic the mechanics are for me.

Isn't Project Cars out quite soon?

I cant help but feel that PCars is going to be too bland. Im sure they have put a lot of effort into the car models, the physics and the driving experience etc but from pictures and videos Ive seen every thing else looks under baked. For example, the tracks and environments look undecorated, they look simple with the bare minimum to call it a track. Look at DC and theres flags, banners, crowds, confetti, mountains etc etc. PCars may be basic and achieves what it set out to do - be a sim racer and not much else.

DC looks vibrant, PCars looks a bit Tesco Value you know.

Soldato
Just watched the gamersyde videos and it looks really good graphics wise i just hope the handling is up to scratch too :)

Anybody actually had a chance to play the game yet ?

Soldato
Any word on when this game will have 'weather' released for it? :p sounds so ridiculous saying that about a game, but nowadays it just isn't that surprising. Soon every game will be effectively Early Access, whether they charge full retail or not.

Associate
Yet still no-one spilling the beans?

Must be good, look at the blabber mouths that are beta testing "The Crew".

No news is good news.

Yeah it seems more ppl want to tell others how bad a game is and keep quiet when they know it's going to score well :D The crew is just really poor in many departments and I was hyped for it :( I decided I'd pick 2 racers between pcars Forza h 2 and drive club pcars is def one of them and I'm leaning more towards drive club than forza

Soldato
We're just going to have to play it to know. Video capture just doesn't compare to what you see on your tv. The Gamersyde stuff is good for what it is but it still looks a bit ropey to me.

I don't know whether to get this retail or go for the upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom