Driveclub more details

Caporegime
OP
I wondered when the 'reviews don't matter' would start rolling in.

Sometimes that's the case, but when the reviews are highlighting glaring areas of concern (can't turn off traction control etc, penalty system for cutting corners) then I think they are justified in putting what they feel as an appropriate score.

For the record I don't think 7, even 6 (or 70+ on metacritic) is a bad score. Seems to be a mental stick in some peoples mind the scale starts at 7.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Really is that what you are gonna pick up on specific to my post? You really should look at my post history as its what I've always said.

Cheers for the concern

ps3ud0 :cool:

Wasn't picking up on it, just commenting further about review scores.

It is inevitable that when things like this happen (low scores) people say well reviews don't matter to me, I'll enjoy the game anyway, well in this instance the reviews highlight some pretty big enjoyment killers for me, and some areas that jut boggle the mind why they are not included.

And OT, I hate to think what state this game was in last November.

Caporegime
OP
project cars is up and coming. it's not the only racer, just the only racer exclusive to ps4 at this time..

I've actually played forza 5 and its really not all that , it's light on content and felt empty comparable to the pretty meaty forza 3 I played years ago, haven't played forza 4 .

gt 7 will be interesting.. see how it pans out. but Drive club was never going to go head to head with forza...

You say Forza 5 is light on content?

It's like, 3 games of content compared to Driveclub, and it actually managed to come out at launch.

Caporegime
OP
No-one is saying others cannot enjoy the game though (I'm certainly not) I'm just very disappointed in the end product that we've got.

Yes I will try it for myself with the PS+ edition but there are issues for me with this game, so we can't voice a negative opinion of something we feel let down by because we're self entitled moaners........

Caporegime
OP
For anybody who doesent no yet the was announcee this morning that the ps+ version has been delayed because servers are knackered from the US release yesterday there working on getting the game running instead. So may affect the release of that version in the uk aswell friday i would assume. Only people who buy the full game will be able to play at the moment.

Tinfoil hat off/[on]

They've pulled the PS+ edition because of the poor reviews and they know it's a waste of resources and no-one is going to bother buying it after seeing how crap the game is.

Tinfoil hat [off]/on

This post may contain traces of sarcasm.

Caporegime
OP
No I am not new to console gaming, your claim was you are yet to come across a new game that doesn't have server issues......not recent games, but any game...that's what surprises me.

I had no problems with Black Ops 2 to just pick one out the air randomly.

Caporegime
OP
Disappointed, but you haven't played it? :rolleyes:

Why the roll eyes? Can't I feel let down based on what I've read, seen in video reviews and read from other users who have played the game?

-Invisible walls
-Bunching of AI cars
-AI too aggressive
-No replay
-No rewind (ugh)
-Off track reset & notification
-Collision penalty
-No weather day1
-Non fleshed out career
-Only EU cars
-Servers down/flakey
-Limited gameplay modes
-Mulitplayer 'limited'
-Limited car customisation (design & tuning)
-Clubs poorly implemented
-Buggy UI

That's a breakdown list of the main low points from reviews, makes for some disappointment from some of them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You might love it though!

And as for a lack of rewind? Lol. Drive properly in the first place! Made me laugh when it was included in Forza which is supposed to be a sim. I don't ever recall drivers being able to "rewind" after a crash in real life! (Just ask Bianchi)

I just listed all points, I am not fussed by a rewind feature, I don't use it, I just kept the list complete.

Caporegime
OP
Should've just binned the whole thing, made it an 8-bit style racing game, would'vebeen met with critical acclaim.

We certainly need more 8 bit titles this generation.

Back
Top Bottom