Driveclub more details

Caporegime
OP

Driveclub. :p

Happens if you restart a race and if the lighting conditions change drastically before and after the reset (is my current guess). I could only replicate it on that one course , though. Apparently the image resets softly instead of instantly, giving you that oversaturation for 1-2 seconds.

Caporegime
OP
I don't understand what the problem is with the penalty system, I actually like the idea, one of the issues I had with Forza Horizon 2 is the lack of penalty which encourages corner cutting etc.

But Forza Horizon 2 is built around that aspect, would be very stupid to penalise people for it.

Caporegime
OP
I don't think they got is that wrong, but it highlights how subjectively differently they might be to the buying individual. From what I saw in the reviews it seemed to have a measuring stick wasn't something the Drive Club aimed for in the first place.

I did well to avoid the pre-order as I was very tempted as really with the stuff that's happened over the last week I'm not looking to reward them by just plainly getting the full version. I'll get the PS+ and evaluate, from what people have said on here I doubt I'll wait til the weather comes to get the full game.

Desperation of a good racing game a year into the PS4 isn't something I expected when I decided on the PS4 - its a genre that got me console gaming so hoping PCars turns out great (the less said about the Crew the better!)...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Same here, I really want to evaluate it first with the PS+ edition, and I don't want to be pushed to having to buy the full game just because there is no firm date for the PS+ edition.

Caporegime
OP
So I've just read on GAF that the weather will not be implemented into the existing tour events and will only be in events from the season pass, single event and multiplayer.

Caporegime
OP
One thing that really irks me about racing games, not just Driveclub, is the constant obsession with making the brake discs glow when you brake, ON EVERY CAR!!

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS?

Caporegime
OP
I don't think I've seen anyone attempt DC's business model before, couple that with the fact it's launched on the most popular platform that's racer starved and it looks like the amount of users attempting to connect has completely caught them out.

They've effectively DDoS'd themselves.

So this makes it acceptable?

Caporegime
OP
Serious qeustion with regards stars for events etc: Is this game just like Trials but with cars?

Obviously I'd love to try it myself but I'm guessing the free version is waaaaaay down the priority list considering as the people who paid for it are getting a raw deal.

So now we cant dislike a game that fails on many things after so many promises?

But people are having fun, that's the top trump that can't be beat.

Caporegime
OP
Some just can't get a grasp on that can they.

It is a LOT of fun and will be even more so once servers are 100%, it'll be spot on by the end of the week

But simply claiming "Well I'm having fun" is not an arguement against peoples criticisms of a game.

It's like a blanket response which people who say it seem to think it absolves any flaws/criticism with a game.

Back
Top Bottom