Drones over gatwick..

I mean I know people have levelled similar comments at me but if you are employed in a position to know then someone really should be having a word with your SC (or equivalent depending on service) and if you aren't but do known then you probably shouldn't be posting anything too specific.

Wonder if it is possible to locate/track via a mixture of sound positioning - the noise they make is fairly distinct and some kind of optics.

You'd be surlsurpr how quiet they can be actually.

The noise diference between my racer, phantom and a mavic is quite different

A few news agencies are reporting that one of the people likely to have been arrested was a man in his 30's who was spotted down a country lane about four miles from the airport. Seems to make sense given he had two drones, one of which is clearly quite large and he was in a hurry. The fact he was on a bicycle would also explain how he was able to evade for so long, as we earlier theorised on here maybe they were using a car. Not sure what to make of him wearing high-viz gear though, maybe just trying to look like a regular cyclist to blend in? But if you are messing around with a big drone, that just draws attention to you as it clearly did to this eye witness.

“I was delivering a parcel and drove past a suspicious man in fluorescent cycling gear crouching over a large drone which was all lit up.
“It was a big thing with lights on its arms and roughly 4ft across.
“He had a smaller drone, about 2ft across, next to him.
“He was leaning over and doing something to it. He was totally focused and did not look up when I drove past.

Make them serve the max term and change the law to make it a long sentence should discourage most apart from those with more nefarious intent.

Realistically, it's a five year maximum for this, isn't it? I'm sure the judge will want to make an example of them but, even so, I can't imagine they'll face more than a couple of years inside.

We all know they’ll get a community service and not spend a day in jail. Unfortunately.

If it's a 4 foot across drone it's an easy shot. I mean a slightly harder rubber bullet would have done the job. Its just complete madness that they just instantly rule out any kind of fire arm
Need drones that can chase other drones and bring them down. Can't be too difficult to develop a guidance system to close in on a moving object.
Drone wars!

Back
Top Bottom