Ducati 1098 S vs Ducati 848 Evo

Soldato
OP
looks great but you're not helping my stereo type attitude towards Italian metal :p

It's ok, used to it by now, as I have never owned anything other than Ducati's, my mates R6 felt as though it was always out of breath, my mates GSXR1000 was just noise with no 'umph'. Don't even get me started on the VFR 800.

I have come to hate 2 things already though that need sorting asap.

The front brakes are going to kill me very soon lol, they are either off or on, no progressive braking to be had at all! Which annoys me for 2 reasons, 1 being I am so used to a bit of 'sponge' before locking up. Nothing like a jap bike as even my old 748 came with braided hoses as standard 11 years ago lol.

Secondly, the 'switch' for the brake light doesn't come on until I am far too close to full lock out of my liking...

Anyway, the other thing that needs sorting is like I said previously, I think the chain is far too loose, the bike jerks like a mofo when going slowly. I will have to have a proper look but according to the ECU thats in the bike, it's the correct one for the termi's...

Oh, had a nice blast today :D I cannot wait until the first fully dry sunny day hits!

Associate
Well theres nothing you can do about the brakes except get used to them cos they are a hundred times better than anything you have used before. And when you do get used to them and learn how to 'trail' them you'll love them just as they are.

You'll probably find theres nothing wrong with the chain or the fueling , the best thing to do for rideability in low revs is to fit a 14T sprocket on the front. Its the best mod you can do IMO and changed mine for the better :D

Soldato
You'll probably find theres nothing wrong with the chain or the fueling , the best thing to do for rideability in low revs is to fit a 14T sprocket on the front. Its the best mod you can do IMO and changed mine for the better :D

I agree with the chain. As for the rest, i refere you to my earlier post "Cris at
CJS". The problem will be solved..................and you get better traction and more BHP.......................................win win lol.

Soldato
OP
Haha, first the suspension setup then I will contact Chris for prices and stuff in March after I gget back From India.

Cheers for all the replies anyway guys, we should dok a ocuk bike meet in the spring

Soldato
OP
Well, I won't be free until March, January will be too cold, I am in India backpacking all of February and back on the 25th, so March would be good.

Plus, I need my susupension setup before going for a proper blast :D Previous owner was a lard ar$e, due to this, he had the sus setup to be pretty much solid!

spp

spp

Associate
I'd be up for a meet; hopefully I'll have my Ducati in time :D Just have to decide whether my budget can stretch to a 1098.

Associate
May just make an exception when I take take delivery of my new 1199 Tricolore and before I start to rip off all the road bits LOL :D

Last edited:

VBN

VBN

Associate
Gorgeous enough to have in your house as an ornament, Uber cool & a Bazillion man points awarded. :cool:

Like this one

HOV090250_04_470.jpg

Lovely looking Bike and Moto Rapido are very cool. There were incredible when I had a little accident on an 848 demo a couple of years ago.

Associate
I would like to know how ya getting on with the 1098s,, as im looking at getting the 848 evo corse.
been for a test ride on the evo and enjoyed it,even thou it was guided for 20 min :(
also tried ktm rc8, bmw 1000rr, cbr 1000 and found them fast but dull :o and the ktm is nice but trying to use the throttle on uk roads is hard.

After having v-twin 1000s ive also been pondering the 1098s tricolor

Soldato
OP
I sold it chap. It was simply one of the best bikes I have ever had, but English roads and traffic often ruined it for me. It was lumpy, jerky and awful to ride sub 60mph.

The bike like to be ridden to the max, not bimbled around on.

The 848's are just perfect. Get it.

Associate
Son of a revival!

I was reading this at breakfast thinking "I thought he had the 1098 when we had the summer trip.." and finally I just now read the date and realise I'm not crazy! :D

Soldato
OP
Son of a revival!

I was reading this at breakfast thinking "I thought he had the 1098 when we had the summer trip.." and finally I just now read the date and realise I'm not crazy! :D

Haha, yea, I got an email saying someone replied and I thought the same "sure I created that a while back?".

None the less, if given the option, I would go for the 848 evo unless I lived somewhere warmer with nicer roads.

The 1098S was a beast, absolutely insane machine to own. Proud that I did as it's in a league of it's own.

Associate
cool, then its the 848 corse then, more and more peps seem to say the same sort of thing for uk roads. ;):D;):D

Had a re test ride on the BMW1000rr, as i was trying to make me mind up, that bike is stupidly quick :eek: however it does every thing well and and easy so you dont notice the speed, no effort req to ride it,,if i had to get as a every day bike it would be perfect, good bike but no sole..

Back
Top Bottom