Ducati 1098 S vs Ducati 848 Evo

Soldato
The S1000RR is an absolute pleasure to ride though, whether for distance, or for a quick blast out, does everything so well. I love mine. Shame it's now stuck in the garage ready for a nice German winter!

Soldato
cool, then its the 848 corse then, more and more peps seem to say the same sort of thing for uk roads. ;):D;):

With all due respect to Agnes, and yes we did meet on last years OCUK ride out.
I think he didn't really own his 1098s for long enough or do enough miles on it to get to know it well enough to really form a good enough opinion on it. I've had mine for nearly 3 years and have now done nearly 15,000 miles on it. It's the best bike i have ridden ever by a long way. Like Agnes has said, it's like lightning, but can be a pussycat if and when you want it to be. The main thing about it is, it's a riders bike........................not a bike for just going from a to b. It has to be ridden and it has to be ridden properly. In other words, it's not a bike for sunday afternoon riders, although 99% of owners only ride them on a sunny sunday afternoon. I ride regularly with a friend that has a Fireblade and another that has an R1, when we swop bikes (like we all do lol) there is always an argument as to who's going to grab my 1098s first...................................and an even bigger problem for me to get it back. It's simply impossible to get on one and ride it and want to get off it, although you will have to after about 80 miles anyway for petrol :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom