Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Soldato
Booked for 21st at local cineworld imax, not the best of screens but would have to go to london to get much better round here.. Went last night for bond and it was completely full, been a number of times last summer and since reopening and they were barely 1/3rd full. But it was the best behaved I've ever been in, not a peep from anyone else throughout which makes a nice change.

Permabanned
Booked for the Insider screening at my local Showcase. Would have gone there to see it anyway to be honest, sound and seating is always excellent and there’s not as many ****s there as there usually is at on Odeon or Vue.

Soldato
Dune will mark the return to the local cinema for me, counting down the days. I watch everything on the big screen in the comfort of my own bed in VR these days anyway, but as the man fought to get the film to the theatres, i'll do him the honour.

I think it's the 23/4 round our way, gonna be worth the wait.

Soldato
Just read its passed the $100 million mark, looking good for a part 2 to be greenlit.

I wonder how much it's making/going to make in terms of streaming. Only 60% of Box office revenues go the the studio, and less of the overseas revenue and less over time. Also the studio here wasn't the distributor so Warner Bros would be taking a massive of cut of that. No doubt it's going to make a profit though over its run.

Caporegime
Lol nearly booked tickets to see it again, 3rd time :p but last minute change of plans.

Really wanna see you chaos opinions.

I'm looking forward to it 4k on my oled TV crisp and clean af.

Soldato
Lol nearly booked tickets to see it again, 3rd time :p but last minute change of plans.

Really wanna see you chaos opinions.

I'm looking forward to it 4k on my oled TV crisp and clean af.

It might actually look terrible. You'll be able to see all the make up on the actors, where the pyrotechnics have been placed before they go off, and maybe even the stunt doubles. I laughed so hard when I first saw one of the transformers movies in 4k. Don't even get me started on Gemini Man. I've never seen anything so bad, though part of that was due to the frame rate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to tomorrow's showing before spoilers start showing up online. I knew with advanced previews and it coming to HBO the movie would get leaked. Seems that was the case a few hours ago unfortunately.

Soldato
Looking forward to tomorrow's showing before spoilers start showing up online. I knew with advanced previews and it coming to HBO the movie would get leaked. Seems that was the case a few hours ago unfortunately.

Hasn't it been out for weeks already? I'm in Spain at the moment and it's been on all the cinemas here in for general screenings in Spanish and VO (original language) for a good few weeks.

Soldato
Hasn't it been out for weeks already? I'm in Spain at the moment and it's been on all the cinemas here in for general screenings in Spanish and VO (original language) for a good few weeks.

Yeah, but I meant an actual 1080p copy has surfaced online. UHD ones will be up as well as soon as it hits HBO max.

Back
Top Bottom