Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Associate
I'm probably in the minority but much preferred the first Dune game (the point and click adventure/strategy cross over) - just seeing the character names in the article above brings back memories.

I've not read the book either, but secretly looking forward to this

Not on your own at all. Fantastic game. The ornithopter rides... the music... and Duncans hair!

Soldato
saw this today and got very excited, i listened to the audiobook a month or two ago and loved it.

i watched the 80's film when i was young as my brother had it but didnt really understand it.

Loved the book so im really looking forward to this.

Associate
I just heard about this, jesus. I literally cannot imagine anything I could be more excited about, my mind is actually exploding right now. I really thought that Bladerunner 2049 was considered not a success by the studio and we might not see similar kinds of ambitious high budget sci-fi aimed at adults for a while. The cast is awesome, and Villeneuve is just perfect to be directing.

Soldato
wr72dq2rb5y41.jpg

Soldato
^^^ Immediately makes me think of the first worm attack scene on the harvester from the lynch movie ^^^

Brolin is playing Gurney right? :D

Yes it seems to be that scene (from the book :p) - looking forward to seeing how the wings on the ornithopters look - kinda expecting something like a mech dragonfly rather than a bird.

Soldato
I really should read it one day, tried it in my teens and promptly gave up.

You have until December!

The appeal of Dune comes from the universe Herbert created and the Lynch film barely scratched the surface of it... as well as making a heroes journey out a story that’s although not overt in it’s message, has a major theme about the dangers of blindly following heroes and the damage that can cause.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You have until December!

The appeal of Dune comes from the universe Herbert created and the Lynch film barely scratched the surface of it... as well as making a heroes journey out a story that’s although not overt in it’s message, has a major theme about the dangers of blindly following heroes and the damage that can cause.

Just ordered it from Amazon.

I've watched lynchs version countless times, would watch it almost every weekend when I was at my dad's in my teens.

It is about time I read the book.

Back
Top Bottom