Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Caporegime
9.9/10

Lol err let's talk in a few days

Ok maybe 9....

I wanna adjust my review down to an 8+
After the initial buzz and a few days reflection..... A lot of discussion and listening to heavy spoiler reviews, I think most of them are spot on
Can't wait to see this in IMAX or 4d sound

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm booked in for next weekend and can't wait, it seems to have come around really quickly. I wanted to see it in the proper IMAX in Manchester but had to compromise and am going to the Odeon iSense nearby instead. The downside is, the screen isn't as big, but the upside is that the seats are much better and the audio sounds better to me as well.

Associate
Going to have to make the trip to an IMAX for this one. Maybe new TVs and HDR have spoilt me but the nearest Cineworld screens here are just dim and fairly low contrast.

Caporegime
Finally watched the 1st one now. I sort of get the big deal now. It's a great film, not Star Wars level, but still. Dunno what was wrong with me when I saw it at the cinema originally, but it definitely clicked on second viewing.

I'm almost as excited for tomorrow night as watching a new Marvel or Star Wars film. And I haven't been to the cinema in a while and this one has Atmos.

We're planning to have a burger and drink beforehand, if anyone cares.

rp2000

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Same get a good meal and then enjoy the movie. Hope there no over exuberant member of the audience. Worst was someone reading their kindle yes in the middle of the movie or constantly talking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently Bear is delicious. Especially if its diet has been mostly blueberries. I'd expect the ribs to be pretty big too, might be hard to smuggle into the cinema.

Booked up for 7pm tomorrow night. Vmax Atmos. Watched the first on Netflix, didn't think I'd enjoy it as thought the 80's version I watched as a kid was rubbish and aside from being a Star Wars nerd I'm not into sci-fi. Thought it was brilliant and feel a little disappointed I didn't get the full cinema experience from it.

Associate
Seen it this morning it was alright, not as good I feel as the first. Didn't feel like almost 3 hours so that was good.

Maybe a 7.5/10

Probably give it another watch (Unlimited ticket) might help it settle in.

Back
Top Bottom