DVB-T2 PC TV Tuners?

Associate
My BGT3600's working fine in WMC. Watched the rugby and F1 in HD for the first time today.:)

Just got to find out how to merge some of the channels now.

Edit.
You need an extra power cable to the card that doesn't come supplied with it. It a 6 pin block, GFX card type. And you'll need to install some drivers off their site.

Last edited:
Associate
thanks for the info Katoom .... this is pretty new and not many folks have it yet, so all info is good.... i think i have a spare 6 pin GPU power cable that i am not going to be utilising :)

How much was it, and can you send me where you looked for it via trust pls

Does it have to run with the media centre version of windows ? (i'm not fully upto speed on this !)

Which sat dish did you opt for, and i assume dual lnb ?

also any pics are always welcome :D

Associate
thanks for the info Katoom .... this is pretty new and not many folks have it yet, so all info is good.... i think i have a spare 6 pin GPU power cable that i am not going to be utilising :)

How much was it, and can you send me where you looked for it via trust pls

Does it have to run with the media centre version of windows ? (i'm not fully upto speed on this !)

Which sat dish did you opt for, and i assume dual lnb ?

also any pics are always welcome :D

Price was just over £170 direct from the BGT site, took about 2 weeks to come.
I'm using WMC but i think it'll work with other set-ups. (not 100% sure)

Had a dish with a quad LMB fitted in case i get another S2 card.

Pics of the box. (would have preferred a cheaper box and £20 off though)

1109112119.jpg

Comes with high and low bracket and extra cables. one of the set-up options is for dvb-c

HD channels.

1109112122.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I've ordered a BGT3620, will be here Wednesday so I'll let you all know how it is :D
That's the dual Digital/HD tuner and single analogue right ?
Would be interested in your thoughts of it :)

Why are these still so expensive when I've seen Freeview HD boxes going for less than £20 at times?

Bit of a niche market still I guess? Plus these have twin tuners that have to communicate with a computer, probably not as simple as a standalone unit.
Yeah, the components for these aren't being knocked out en-mass in some cheap chinese factory !!

I wonder why nobody is buying them then. DVB-T tuners flew off the shelves and are dirt cheap.

Well, FreeviewHD only started to roll out this year, many people still haven't got it and are probably waiting for more options and prices to fall. Just a guess anyway!
That and the fact that the some of the chipsets are still very rare, let alone combined onto one pcb

Price was just over £170 direct from the BGT site, took about 2 weeks to come.
I'm using WMC but i think it'll work with other set-ups. (not 100% sure)

Had a dish with a quad LMB fitted in case i get another S2 card.

Pics of the box. (would have preferred a cheaper box and £20 off though)

url]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5624/1109112119.jpg[/url]
Comes with high and low bracket and extra cables. one of the set-up options is for dvb-c
LOL, agreed, plain brown box capable of protecting it and reduce the cost lol, niche market items like this should not need the bling of a retail box, because if the average PC user has no clue with these things and would not be looking at them in the shop, they would be buying a pre-built system from some nasty outlet store

What i am waiting to see now is the analogue garbage dropped, and a quad setup, so that you can stream/watch one HD channel and record another from the same source, ie. DVB-T2 ..... i'm assuming with this one you are restricted to watching or recording each of the options you have, or did i miss-read the specs

EDIT, forgot to ask.... in the paperwork, does it tell you anywhere if it needs a v1.x or v2.0 x1 PCIe slot ??

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the info IT Troll :p What are the specs of your HTPC?

It's a heavily modified Sony:

Sony VAIO VGX-XL201 - Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit - TMT5
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 - 3GB DDR5300
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (Inno3D N95GT-1DDV-C2CX)
Sony BC-5600S Blu-ray Drive
40GB SSD - 250GB + 500GB HDD
BlackGold BGT3620 Dual DVB-T2
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Dual DVB-T

Soldato
That's the dual Digital/HD tuner and single analogue right ?
Would be interested in your thoughts of it :)

What i am waiting to see now is the analogue garbage dropped, and a quad setup, so that you can stream/watch one HD channel and record another from the same source, ie. DVB-T2 ..... i'm assuming with this one you are restricted to watching or recording each of the options you have, or did i miss-read the specs

It is that one yes, and it's got twin HD tuners, you can record 2 HD channels at once, one HD and one SD or two SD, etc etc :)

It's a heavily modified Sony:

Sony VAIO VGX-XL201 - Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit - TMT5
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 - 3GB DDR5300
nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (Inno3D N95GT-1DDV-C2CX)
Sony BC-5600S Blu-ray Drive
40GB SSD - 250GB + 500GB HDD
BlackGold BGT3620 Dual DVB-T2
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Dual DVB-T

Thanks for the info :)

Associate

EDIT, forgot to ask.... in the paperwork, does it tell you anywhere if it needs a v1.x or v2.0 x1 PCIe slot ??

You can record 2 things off the T2 tuner and 2 off the sat inputs, so 4 in total.
So, you can record C4 HD and ITV HD of the sat, then BBC1 HD off the T2 tuner and also watch ITV HD. (same with SD)

Nothing in the box about PCI specs, (might be on the site) but im using the same slot as my old Compro card in a 775 P35-DS3R board.

The S3 resume seems to be working, will test it again later.

Soldato
Just got to find out how to merge some of the channels now.

Use the free app Guide Tool

It'll display each tuner in a column and channel in rows. You click on the rows (channels) to merge so you can combine DVB-T ad DVB-S channels in to one and WMC will pick whichever tuner is available.

It's also a quicker and easier way to edit (delete, rename or renumber) your channels than using WMC.

Associate
Yes, S3 works fine.

Use the free app Guide Tool

It'll display each tuner in a column and channel in rows. You click on the rows (channels) to merge so you can combine DVB-T ad DVB-S channels in to one and WMC will pick whichever tuner is available.

It's also a quicker and easier way to edit (delete, rename or renumber) your channels than using WMC.

Thanks.:)

Associate
I've a Nebula TV card and they want £25 to upgrade my software to run win 7.?? What's the alternative. (I don't get high def until March 2012 Meridian)

Associate
Blobby, i'd start googling around for a replacement, that is shocking.... and companies wonder why peopel turn to less than legit copies of software..... here, let me charge you twice for the same kick in the nuts !

Associate
Yeah I know the company went bust. Although it should work with media centre (drivers are free) Never used the media centre I'm a bit reticent as I've a feeling it may stop the card working without messing about with the computer for ages.

Back
Top Bottom