E3 2018

Soldato
Then you will understand that with a game of this magnitude, ND are more than capable of creating hundreds of animations based on collision detection which will trigger a finite state animation where ever the NPC is shot. People are forgetting ND are pioneers in games development and this is 2018, the stuff we seen at E3 will be the standard for PS5 titles also and this is just the beginning of whats possible.

Are you suggesting that ND are so far ahead of every other developer in the world that they can create life-like unique animations in real time that are leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have ever seen before?

Who do you think they are? Time travellers from the future that just Get things better? No.. they use very intelligent tricks to make pre-rendered and scripted animations of character models complete actions based on states.

Soldato
I cannot believe how dumb people can be to think that the trailer wasn’t scripted.

It won’t be like that in game. Welcome to prove my point upon release.

Also, how am I supposed to get BLOPS3 when PSN is “down for maintenance” YET again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Are you suggesting that ND are so far ahead of every other developer in the world that they can create life-like unique animations in real time that are leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have ever seen before?

Who do you think they are? Time travellers from the future that just Get things better? No.. they use very intelligent tricks to make pre-rendered and scripted animations of character models complete actions based on states.
I didn't assume that. If your saying TLOU2 is pre rendered and scripted then I'm guessing you thought Spider-Man, Death Stranding and Ghosts were as well? Each of which also shown very nice state animations.

Your forgetting, the PS4 was built by developers, for developers. :)

Caporegime
Not sure what the issue is with TLOU2 trailer. It's all in game footage but some parts are obviously scripted. The bit where she shoots the woman from under the bus has an aim marker and isn't scripted but is when she gets dragged out by the dude and you get the QTE.

Didn't think it looked much better than Uncharted 4 though, that game is ridiculously easy on the eyes.

Edit: This video highlights how bloody good ND are and this was a few years ago :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no doubt that ND are an incredible studio, but those who don't acknowledge most of the cinematic story telling events are quick time or scripted are just deluding themselves..

Soldato
Its almost like Naughty Dog dont have a history of blowing every other developer out of the water in a number of ways. I have no doubt it will be a masterpiece...the fact that a 5 minute clip is the talk of the shows speaks volumes.

Soldato
Until Dawn I was terrible with the QTE stuff. I killed almost everyone lol

Its almost like Naughty Dog dont have a history of blowing every other developer out of the water in a number of ways. I have no doubt it will be a masterpiece...the fact that a 5 minute clip is the talk of the shows speaks volumes.
Yeah they do. They've shown time after time that they are at the cutting edge in terms of story telling and amazing visuals and sound. This looks to me like the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I have no doubt that ND are an incredible studio, but those who don't acknowledge most of the cinematic story telling events are quick time or scripted are just deluding themselves..

Surely this is just Pioneer2000 with another account!

On a serious note I honestly don't get the "issue" with the trailer. Textbook ND really, game will be a classic and another excellent single player experience on PlayStation.

Soldato
Damn, I really look forward to TLOU 2 (even though a sequel wasn't needed) but I sure as hell hope that people don't think that all that's been shown in the trailer is 100% random generated outcomes based on specific situations/character position etc. with thousands of variables because judging by the outburst here, ND are regarded as magicians:p Well, either that or people didn't get terley's point. Or I didn't:p

Being a fantastic dev is one thing, doing the impossible is another thing.

Soldato
Well new Xbox 2020 according to IGN and they think the Halo game announced is for that.

I'd expect a PS5 announced next year with release the following.

2020 seems a bit soon considering the X launched last year? I would be suprised if that was the case.

Soldato
The whole E3 has been disappointing this year, usually i get excited and watch all the presentations and game clips but this year i’m finding it tough to find anything new and interesting.

I've been gaming for about 30 years, I've accepted that genuinely new ideas aren't going to come along very often. I tend to look for immersive stories/worlds rather than revolutionary mechanics.

The main thing I'd like to see is AI improvements, it feels like we've got huge very pretty worlds but they are still full of the same mindless enemies we had back when Goldeneye was peak gaming (FarCry 5 is probably the best recent example that comes to mind).

Back
Top Bottom