• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

E8600 E0 Overclocks

Associate
Have my E8600 ticking away at 4.3GHz with a voltage of 1.375, multiplier set at 10.

Orthos runs stably overnight and temps don't go over 63 C (39 C idling), was hoping to have them a bit lower but I probably need to wait for the Arctic Silver to cure a little as I only fitted it a couple of days back, failing that reseat.

At 4.4GHz Orthos fails after a couple of hours so looks like I'll need to up the voltages some more to get higher. My Vista install got a little shaky last night when testing at this speed and crashing; had to do a repair in order to boot :rolleyes:

Soldato
Have my E8600 ticking away at 4.3GHz with a voltage of 1.375, multiplier set at 10.

Orthos runs stably overnight and temps don't go over 63 C (39 C idling), was hoping to have them a bit lower but I probably need to wait for the Arctic Silver to cure a little as I only fitted it a couple of days back, failing that reseat.

At 4.4GHz Orthos fails after a couple of hours so looks like I'll need to up the voltages some more to get higher. My Vista install got a little shaky last night when testing at this speed and crashing; had to do a repair in order to boot :rolleyes:

Shouldnt need to add more vcore juice for 4.4ghz tbh. Try slightly upping adjusting PLL and/or your GTL volts.

Soldato
Yeah I think the voltage needs to go up a notch or 2.

Do you have any recommendations for PLL/GTL, they're not settings I've had to adjust in the past?

Try PLL first at 1.5v then try 1.6v if unstable.

Try GTL at x63 and x67.

I have both GTLs set at x63.

My Vcore is 1.35v in BIOS.

Associate
Just got my E8600 and very happy so far. She's doing 4.5Ghz and priming as we speak, on 1.368 volts.

For once in my life I got the cherry chip from the middle of the wafer.:D

thats load voltage?

I'm quoting the voltage from CPUz. The voltage in the bios is 1.4

Great o/c! What are your temps? Also some screenshots while priming would be nice.

Core temp is saying 70 degrees whilst running prime. A stability check on intel's burn test gets temps up to 80 through:eek:

Will get some screenshots up soon. :)

Soldato
Just got my E8600 and very happy so far. She's doing 4.5Ghz and priming as we speak, on 1.368 volts.

For once in my life I got the cherry chip from the middle of the wafer.:D

Just testing my e8600 (destined for my new build) and its stable at 4.4ghz at 1.3v and max of 59C.
screengrabnw2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom