Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

BBC coverage of Japan earthquake:

A passenger train is unaccounted for in a tsunami-hit coastal area of Japan, the AFP quotes a report on the Kyodo news agency.

:(

Has skynews website fell off its stool?

Isnt that rubbish? the core is constantly being heated by the Gravitational pull from the Sun and other bodies, which is the explanation of why one of Jupiter's little moons has a constantly volcanic suface.

So the earth will never cool as the Sun is always tugging on the Earth, and will actually incinerate the Earth as it expands and dies.

I dont think so, the internal heat in the earth is predominantly generated by radioactive decay (with also some residual heat from the original accretionary phase). It was a lot hotter in the past when there were more short-halflife isotopes around (now depleted).

It is defnately cooling, whether it will cool entirely before it gets incinerated by the sun i dont know.

Death toll has just topped 90!

It's rising fast now :(

I think, unfortunately, thats going to be a distant dream people will hope would have been as bad as it got. I really don't know, its unclear how much warning people on the cost had. Its so sad but in some of those video's of the water piling over farmland, theres junctions where people just didn't know which way to go because I think as you can see, the water is coming from various different directions because its moving much faster up waterways, canals, rivers, then breaking the banks, they were driving/running away from water coming one way, and then finding themselves going towards other water coming at them :(

Being how big Japan is on fishing, how many people would have been out on boats, I really don't know. Could it be in the 1000's, 10k's, 100k's? I really don't know as no ones really talking about that yet. So many houses were washed away, we've seen pictures of some people still alive afterwards, but were most of the other houses empty, or full of people.

Very lucky the biggest cities seem to have gotten away with relatively little damage, if any of the skyscrapers/buildings in Tokyo had started coming down it would have been devestating but , thank god for modern engineering, infact not even all that modern.

Someone call Zordon.... Have him send the Power Rangers out!

It's not enough... get the green ranger!

*Dragon comes out of the sea*

Man who owns the petrol station: "NOOOOO you ******** ******** YOU STAND ON MY SHOP EVERYTIME, ******** ******"

I always thought it was amusing even as a kid that the poor owner of that property got his shack destoryed every couple of weeks by the green ranger's dragon :p

If one was wearing their tinfoil hat they might think of....

Wormwood, planet x, nibiru

Although if there were another celestial body passing through our solar system I simply can’t see how it wouldn’t have been spotted by amateur astrologers.

I think, unfortunately, thats going to be a distant dream people will hope would have been as bad as it got. I really don't know, its unclear how much warning people on the cost had. Its so sad but in some of those video's of the water piling over farmland, theres junctions where people just didn't know which way to go because I think as you can see, the water is coming from various different directions because its moving much faster up waterways, canals, rivers, then breaking the banks, they were driving/running away from water coming one way, and then finding themselves going towards other water coming at them :(

Being how big Japan is on fishing, how many people would have been out on boats, I really don't know. Could it be in the 1000's, 10k's, 100k's? I really don't know as no ones really talking about that yet. So many houses were washed away, we've seen pictures of some people still alive afterwards, but were most of the other houses empty, or full of people.

Very lucky the biggest cities seem to have gotten away with relatively little damage, if any of the skyscrapers/buildings in Tokyo had started coming down it would have been devestating but , thank god for modern engineering, infact not even all that modern.

FLASH: Miyagi police say 200-300 bodies found at coastal area in Sendai city :mad:

Back
Top Bottom