• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Associate
I think I have just done it heard a little tune. Have typed in the following note the Upper and Lower case dont know why but it made a difference.

A:/flashrom -f -p 0 x80016P.bin

Well here goes the restart

Permabanned
OP
the case makes a difference??? its dos!! it shouldnt do lol will remember that one and change it all to upercase... just as soon as i figure out this ******* Batch file... driving me bonkers. anyway, go see what you can pull out of it and post in the mods and clocks for GTO2 thread :D glad your happy :)

Associate
THEAVFCKID said:
Found new hardware RADEON X850 with 16 pipes yes yes yes .

Massive Thanks to Locutus for your help.

I need a drink after that

Thanks all

Maybe we should have a rolling vote for the best gesture/advice that anyone posts like an awards type thing as voted by the forum members.

Not sure about prizes but their name in lights maybe cool :)

Or maybe its late and i need a lie down.

Anyway Locutus gets my vote "Top Job"

Permabanned
OP
lol, well ive got my sticky so thats all the thanks i need... simple pleasures :D i take it you used my little creations too ? if so dont forget to go post what your clocking up to and a 3d05 score :D seems to be an interesting variation on these, some people are only getting 540 on the memory, others getting 650!! lol, still, even at stock speeds an extra 4 pipes for nothings always nice :D

Associate
Does anyone have the old instructions (pre-automated CD) for the previous image locutus12 made? As downloaded and burnt that image... now without CD writer for a couple of days (long story).. Would really help. Thanks in advance.

Permabanned
OP
1 boot from the disk youve made

2 select option 1 (GHOST)

3 wait till it drops you at the a:\ and type in the following exactly as its case sensitive.

flashrom -f -p 0 x80016p.bin (The 0 after -p is a number not a letter)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks so much again. Card arrived this morning, flashed it successfully before work :D

Will get to overclocking it tonight :)

This card was such a bargain. Btw mine arrived in a box, not a jiffy bag as others said, maybe OcUK improved the process after people's comments?

Permabanned
OP
Wakinglimb said:
Thanks so much again. Card arrived this morning, flashed it successfully before work :D

Will get to overclocking it tonight :)

This card was such a bargain. Btw mine arrived in a box, not a jiffy bag as others said, maybe OcUK improved the process after people's comments?

some peoples arrives in a jiffy bag!!! ??? :O i will think myself lucky for getting an undersized box with everything stuffed in it then :p still, as long as it works and it got here damn fast :)

p.s. good luck Danza

Soldato
Thats a partial relief for me then!!!

I have 6.X (not sure what the '.X' is), and I've got to flash mine in a couple of days when I get around to pulling my PC apart and fitting the new card and mobo!!!

Joe

Joe

Associate
this is becoming quite frustrating now....btw thanks for the iso it saved me a lot of bother. burnt fine. and appeared to work great. flashed fine. when i enter windows again though i still remain to have 12 pipelines in atitool.

ive tried it using a floppy disk to and flashing a modded bios.

im pretty sure mines capable of being modded as thats why i bought it. its a sapphire x800gto2

ati tool also says its a 480core. i just dont know what im doing wrong.

please help :) thanks

ps..im building my new pc atm, so this is on a freshly formatted machine, and i havn't installed my graphics card driver. Just atitool as i didn't think this would make a difference...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom