• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Permabanned
OP
erm, if you e-mail me the standard connect bios and modded bios then sure, the only reason i havent done it is i havent come across mthe modded bios for the GTO... but basically i can make a fash util for any card now provided people give me the bios update and the original. send them to my e-mail in the trust. oh and yes, using a PCI card should allow you to flash back fine :)

Associate
Probably just easier if I give you a link to a website that has them ;)

Besides I don't have the card yet so I can't give you the original bios.
Inccidently this is only for the Connect3D X800GTO

Link for the C3D GTO modded bios

The link to the original bios in that techpowerup article is unfortunatley dead ,you maybe able to get it here but I'm not sure they are modded or unmodded bios's.

Maybe someone else could provide the orginal bios from their C3D X800GTO?

Ref bad bios flash ,'should' be able to recover? ,now you've got me nervous!;).
Has anyone had an unrecoverable bios flash either here, Anandtech or elsewhere that you've heard of?
(I'm excluding power cuts mid flash btw)

Thanks for the offer anyway :) ,if need be we'll have to wait until I get the card & build the system ,but others must have this card too so hopefully we can get the original bios before then.

Soldato
Assimilator1 said:
Ref bad bios flash ,'should' be able to recover? ,now you've got me nervous!;).
Has anyone had an unrecoverable bios flash either here, Anandtech or elsewhere that you've heard of?
(I'm excluding power cuts mid flash btw).
I've personally not heard of it even once yet, and I was doing extensive research on the GTO² before I made my decision to buy one. The chances of it going wrong must be so infinitecimally small that I wouldn't worry about it.

Permabanned
OP
Exsomnis said:
I've personally not heard of it even once yet, and I was doing extensive research on the GTO² before I made my decision to buy one. The chances of it going wrong must be so infinitecimally small that I wouldn't worry about it.

he is talking about the GTO though so the chances of a bad flash are a lot higher (despite techpowerups rather sloppy counting of successes and failiures... ) but ive never heard of an unrecoverable flash, at least not from a graphics card. ive known a few motherboards to be written off which then needed an eeprom programmer to fix lol, but graphics cards are quite different so dont worry :)

Permabanned
OP
Assimilator1 said:
lol :p

Locutus12
Cool ,as long as I can recover from a failed flash using a PCI card then I'm quite happy to give it a go :)
Btw any idea of the success rate on C3D GTOs? ,you mentioned 'a lot higher' ,any links about that?

well tech power up says 42 modded and 1 failed but i know of at least 6 failed flashes for GTO`s. when people flsh well they report it because they are happy, when it fails, those people dont bother....

Associate
Here's 3dmark05 scores from my Connect3D x800 GTO card:

Stock speed, 12 Pipes:
3DMark05: 4454

Stock speed, 16 Pipes enabled:
3DMark05: 4983

Core@600/mem@570 16pp:
3DMark05: 6585 :D

What can I say... over 2000 points increase i 3dmark05 is pretty impressive!!
Now I'm also a happy bunny! :D

Rest of current machine spec:

A64 3200+ Venice @ stock (939)
MSI RS480M2-IL
1gb Geil value (2x512mb, cas 2.5)

And I have yet to get a decent overclockable MB to tweak some MHz out of my 3200+ Venice core.. ;) Think I'll get the Asrock 939 DualSATA as you have locutus12.. :)
AND.. OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM is on it's way soon..! Can't wait! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Assimilator1 said:
Wow! awesome overclock! I hope my mates C3D GTO does as well ;)

Btw did you realise you've managed nearly a 50% peformance increase over stock!? :D (in 3D Mk 05 anyway)

Wow indeed! ;) I'm very, very happy with the results! :D
Hopefully your mates card will clock this good too!

I know, the increase is quite something..!

Back
Top Bottom