Easyriders Cinema Room

Soldato
Easy, what you using to play media these days?
You still using the Play On or something else and how did you find it?

I'm interested because I'm thinking of moving away from my HTPC to a media streamer such as the Play On.

Would it be something you would recommend?

Oh and ****** awesome project dude..

Caporegime
OP
Cheers ManCuBuS

I dabbled with PS3 then playon HD

I now run 24/7 XBMC and windows home server. Fast, reliable and hassle free.

Looks cool too..I have had zero issues with it...Its robust when scanning through films and just works.

The backbone is WHS currently sitting at 12TB...Its the centre of my digital world and don't know how I managed without it.:D

Soldato
Hey mate,

You may be able to help me with something. I hate DVD discs myself, i have around 1000.

No idea how much space i would need on a NAS for those and it grows weekly.

Anyway, could you show me a pic of what you keep all your HDDs in? I have looked at 10tb nas Drives/boxes and they come in quit expensive. I'm looking for something i could keep adding to, but as cheap as poss.

It would be nice to find something with lots of space which i could but a couple TB into to begin.

Thanks buddy

Caporegime
OP
Hey mate,

You may be able to help me with something. I hate DVD discs myself, i have around 1000.

No idea how much space i would need on a NAS for those and it grows weekly.

Anyway, could you show me a pic of what you keep all your HDDs in? I have looked at 10tb nas Drives/boxes and they come in quit expensive. I'm looking for something i could keep adding to, but as cheap as poss.

It would be nice to find something with lots of space which i could but a couple TB into to begin.

Thanks buddy

I have a coolermaster stacker mate as the windows home server

Soldato
Thanks mate, i may throw one of the PCs in a new case, just seen one for £45 with 9 free bays.

To run 9tb, or 18tb on all the drives, would i need 100% new components?

Associate
I also want to know the answers to these questions!

And my wife also still doesn't get the difference between SD and HD, and that's even after her saying this 'Dvd is really clear' :(

Soldato
I also want to know the answers to these questions!

And my wife also still doesn't get the difference between SD and HD, and that's even after her saying this 'Dvd is really clear' :(

Dont worry, my parents cant tell the difference between a 350mb bad quality dvdrip and a 1080p HD film.

Back
Top Bottom