Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Associate
He's back with a weekly YouTube series, wheeler dealer style mechanics, with a bit of AskEdd in the middle.

Edd China's Workshop Diaries

I don't recall Mike ever bringing him anything as bad as that Range Rover

Soldato
A lot of these sort of presenter/professional types are turning to youtube rather than TV now. It gives them far more freedom.

Soldato
What I took from that interview with Ed, was that he was doing all the hard work.
Maybe this is why Mike did a bit in the garage towards the end.
Ed restored cars, Mike just insulted people.
I would have sooner have crushed my car than sell it to that smarmy little ***

Soldato
What I took from that interview with Ed, was that he was doing all the hard work.
Maybe this is why Mike did a bit in the garage towards the end.
Ed restored cars, Mike just insulted people.
I would have sooner have crushed my car than sell it to that smarmy little ***

Discovery wanted to cut Ed's scenes down a lot, as they took the most time and were the most expensive, even though it was the bit that everyone wanted watch. They seemed to have backed off when Ed left and Ant came in to do pretty much exactly the same thing.

There seems to have been a change in the way that shows like this are financed. Before, if you were successful, you got a higher budget as the network invested more money into a successful show. Now it seems that if you make a successful show, the network then says "now you have a hit and people know the show, do it for less money".

It's no wonder content makers have decided to go their own way and run their own shows on Youtube with their own production teams.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Discovery wanted to cut Ed's scenes down a lot, as they took the most time and were the most expensive, even though it was the bit that everyone wanted watch. They seemed to have backed off when Ed left and Ant came in to do pretty much exactly the same thing.

There seems to have been a change in the way that show like this are financed. Before, if you were successful, you got a higher budget as the network invested more money into a successful show. Now it seems that if you make a successful show, the network then says "now you have a hit and people know the show, do it for less money".

It's no wonder content makers have decided to go their own way and run their own shows on Youtube with their own production teams.

Regardless who ever will do it now. I am just glad they are coming back to the UK. American car culture is just pretty poor tbh and American cars do absolutely nothing for me.

Caporegime
OP
I'm also of the belief that Mike didn't like Ed being more popular with the viewers as he thought it was his show so probably lobbied behind the scenes to drop Ed. He always comes across a bit like that, likes being the centre of attention.

Soldato
Do we owe Mike Brewer a little more credit than perhaps we gave him? Only just saw this vid where he explains the situation from his point of view. interesting...

Soldato
watched a couple of the newer series with Edd's replacement (catchup sky), very good, as usual with big budget you see esoteric engineering you never see elsewhere on utube.
spray on vinyl wrap, lsd internals etc.

much more fun than Clarkson&co where you need the ffwd button much more,

mid 2000's focus ST one interesting too, to see what a bit of burned oil might signify, currently full episode on utube

Back
Top Bottom