Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Associate
As everyone else, always only watched it for Ed China, really. Goes into somewhat good detail on what he is doing, but never over complicates things or does flashy things for the camera.

Soldato
Shame with the later seasons of Wheeler Dealers I found myself fast forwarding all the Mike Brewer parts which cut an episode down to 20 minutes or so.

I never understood why they decided to suddenly jump over to America and set the show there.

With exception to a few cars (skyline episode) for the most part the builds where good.

Soldato
The reason I liked the original show is because numpty Brewer would go and buy something interesting but also risky. Brewer was the 5 year old car buyer within me, trying to buy a TVR on the cheap, telling everyone it would be alright, while my dad (Ed China) would be the voice of experience and reason (and inevitably have to fix it).

They often chose cars I have always wanted to buy but have been too scared, due to known issues and expensive parts. Watching Ed overcome these obstacles reignited my passion in spannering and cars in general. Recently the show has been a poor facsimile of its original self (the US episodes don't do anything for me either), so I think Ed has made the right decision.

Off to see if I can pickup a Cerbera for mere peanuts.

Caporegime
China is way above wheeler dealers anyway. I suspect he'll be able to really spread his wings and go back to the loony stuff he used to make, rather than pandering to the American levels of entertainment.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I did wonder why (in the latest few episodes) Mike was doing more in the workshop.

One of the latest shows had Ed "go out for a bit" whilst Mike took the bed off the back of a truck and fitted new suspension. Ed walked in as the job was done a bit like Mike used to. At the time I put it down to the production getting Mike to do more but now in hindsight, were they trying to ease Ed out by putting focus on Mike so the transition to the new chap isn't so cut and dry?

Soldato
One thing I noticed on the later series where some of the cars they bought sempt to have really quick fixes that ended up saving them thousands. The Range rover height system springs to mind.

No doubt the vehicles are checked out before they appear on the show so they know what needs fixing before Mike's test drive to find all the problems.

Man of Honour
No doubt the vehicles are checked out before they appear on the show so they know what needs fixing before Mike's test drive to find all the problems.

I imagine nowadays they fix the big stuff in advance of the show and pretend it never happened. It's just for entertainment now rather than genuinely interesting.

Man of Honour
What a shame, the only reason to watch the show now gone

I also love how he's tried to be all cool and modern with that goodbye video with quick cuts between what he's saying, but he leaves half a second of him looking at the camera at the end and beginning of each new cut so it just looks rubbish! Stick to the cars mate :D

Soldato
Yeah, Saw that video this morning.

Tbh you could tell the way it was going once they started doing more in the US. Will be complete guff now, anyone ever watched one of Mike's other shows? Like trading up for a "super car". Cringe worthy to say the least.

Hope we get to see Ed working on some interesting ideas soon.

I'm the mean time, Car SOS is all we really have left worth a watch.

Soldato
I remember seeing a show about odd world records....and lo and behold, there's ed china getting the world record for the fastest piece of furniture :D

Back
Top Bottom