Edinburgh mini-meet - 18th November **Now with Photos!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Blackstar said:
wrap up warm it's bloody freezing.

Listen to the lady peeps :D You'll have to defrost your breath to hear what you've just said it's so cold at the minute. I nipped out to the car in a tee and socks and it felt like I was getting freezer burn :D

Soldato
Aliboy said:
Listen to the lady peeps :D You'll have to defrost your breath to hear what you've just said it's so cold at the minute. I nipped out to the car in a tee and socks and it felt like I was getting freezer burn :D

This morning I had 3 layers on, gloves and a hat and my hair down to cover my neck, and I was still freezing. When I left uni, my car told me the temperature was -2!

EDIT: does everyone know who they are looking for tomorrow?

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I know Von and Bitboy (the 'token' ;)), and I've seen your picture but that's it. I'm sure we'll cope. We have mobile numbers for each other so it won't be a problem.

K.

Commissario
OP
No-one has contacted me for a number so I hope we're all mobiled up. I'll check my email in the morning and reply in case anyone has mailed me. I'm off to bed very shortly as I have an early start, around half past five.

We'll all hook up around 17:30-18:00 tomorrow evening either around our Hotel or in a pub not far away.

Excited now :)

K.

Last edited:
Soldato
Feek said:
No-one has contacted me for a number so I hope we're all mobiled up. I'm off to bed very shortly as I have an early start.

We'll all hook up around 17:30-18:00 tomorrow evening either around our Hotel or in a pub not far away.

Excited now :)

K.

I sent DezUk an email with my number in, so I think everyone either has your number or mine :).

Associate
Yeah i wont be there till later on, probably like 8ish as i have to come home from work get a shower and train to Haymarket. So i dunno what time you guys were planning on eating, maybe i should just com on the pub crawl bit of the trip :)

All depends when you are eating....

We are going round the pubs right ?

Commissario
OP
Oops, I got the timing slightly wrong above - It'll be from 18:00 to 18:30 that I reckon we'll be getting ready to rock and roll.

I'm on site and working, but I've not got toooooo much more to do thanks to a very helpful guy here who's made it incredibly easy for me :)

It's cold folks, minus five is the forecast for this evening.

K.

Man of Honour
Not been around much, sorry. Could someone email me their mobile number so I can text you later on to see what's happening. Will not be getting home from work until after 6, but will pop along some time after that. It would be a huge benefit if the person emailing me their number was actually attending the meet too;):p

mailaddress at gmail.com

Cheers.

Soldato
All going well I should be picking up Vonnie boy from the train station soon :D I reckon that we'll get his stuff dropped off at the hotel and then maybe back to mine for a few beers before we meet up with everyone else.

A few thoughts for some bars ....

Beluga (Vonnie's been there ... that's were your mate dropped his trousers revealing a leapord skin thong) :eek:
http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/beluga_restaurant.htm

Frankensteins
http://www.frankenstein-pub.co.uk/ed_home.htm

Bobby's bar
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/edinburgh/pubguide/greyfriarsbobbysbar.html
(If I remember correctly it's nice and cheap in this place)

These three bars are within spitting distance from each other and not too far from a stack of other bars too.

I may need you kind people to give me a prod tonight every now and then as I've been up since 4am and I don't want to fall asleep in the corner :D

Any other suggestions people?

Weather wise, it is a bit nippy so I may have to wear a pair of my gf's kegs underneath my kilt tonight :D

Soldato
Hello there. Von here.

I have arrived at Aliboy's, hence my posting here.

I am sitting next to one of his cats, who is on the desk crunching cat biscuits, which incidentally do not taste all that bad.

I will be back at my hotel later to meet up with Feek etc.

Bitboy, have you got any contact numbers yet ?

Associate
Right im back in from work but i still need to get ready etc

I need to jump on a train and get to Haymarket, that takles about a half hour. SO where can i meet everyone ?

If i started to get ready now i would be in town for about 8ish

Man of Honour
Being a big wimp needing to be up early tomorrow I'm the first one back:D

It was great to meet you all, most for the first time. It's always nice to put a real person to a username on a forum. Looking forward to next years bigger meet, and might even venture down south for one if I can scrape together the pennies. But for now the beer and second dinner I was force fed has made me rather sleepy..... :o

Until next time:)

Associate
Damn you and your ability to organise a meet! Us London folk couldn't organise a ****-up in a brewery...which is more or less the same as an OcUK meet I guess :p ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom