*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Looks like patch 2.0 is coming along nicely. They have changed and added so much.

Take a look at the egosoft beta forum for instructions :)

I saw that the other day, it looks really promising. I have no doubt that one day it will be a good game, I'm just not sure when.

I uninstalled it a few days after release because of all the bugs, now I'm just waiting until it's got enough patches and mods to be enjoyable.

Game looks really good in videos, but reading the forums its a buggy mess and game breaking gameplay decisions etc. Glad I didn't preorder, but how is it now. I know egosoft are very good at supporting there games after its out.

Really enjoying this now that 2.0 has arrived. Combat is actually challenging - great fun trying to cap destroyers to add to my fleet :)

It is a shame that this will always have a bad reputation now, because it is moving in a great direction.

Still limited to a single ship or has someone modded it so you can fly others? That was my biggest gripe with the game (outside of bugs).

Joystick supported properly yet too? Or still the same old %$£& poor console joypad support from their failed attempt to get it on the 360?

Still limited to a single ship or has someone modded it so you can fly others? That was my biggest gripe with the game (outside of bugs).

Joystick supported properly yet too? Or still the same old %$£& poor console joypad support from their failed attempt to get it on the 360?

Joypad support has been added.

Still limited to the same ship, but at least we have new cockpits. Plus you can quite easily dock with a capital ship and control it from there now with the new range of commands they have added. I quite enjoy doing this with my Taranis destroyers :). Hopefully they will added proper bridges at some point.

These are the most recent new features:
• New Feature: Three new gamestarts, each with a new cockpit configuration.
• New Feature: Rebalanced combat with three difficulty settings.
• New Feature: Additional commands for your ships.
• New Feature: Autopilot can fly your ship while you are busy.
• New Feature: All new highway flight model.
• New Feature: Most tasks can now be performed without landing on stations.
• New Feature: Full screen HUD detail monitor option.
• New Feature: Clicks on event monitor now open relevant menus.
• New Feature: Map/radar on event monitor.
• New Feature: New ships in Omicron Lyrae.
• New Feature: Huge new Xenon ship.
• New Feature: Four new missile types.
• New Feature: Improved graphics for an even more beautiful universe.
• New Feature: New graphics options and presets.
• New Feature: New start menu scene.
• New Feature: New Steam achievements.

I really like that combat is actually challenging now and that capital ships are genuinely lethal!

Graphically, how does this look?

Less cartoon like that it did at launch - they have changed the shaders apparently. It really shines in big capital ship battles. Take a look at my most recent Steam screenshots that I took when playing it.

Edit: Looks like the 64bit patch is going to be out soon :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom