*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

I really really really hope they add the option for player research in this.

ie research station so you can invent your own products.

I hope it runs much smother than the others.

I need that old Elite fix :)

I hate to say it but if this game has even remotely the same depth and 'soul' as Elite and Frontier did I'll eat a pair of my own socks. The X series always had so much potential and ALWAYS put stupid mechanics in that utterly wrecked the game play. Why for the love of god do you have to fly close to a space station to 'discover' it in the future? What possible use is that to adding to immersion?

I really hope they get this right because they've muffed all the other ones and Frontier Developments seem incapable of producing the successor to Frontier.

...sorry... in my opinion...

Last edited:
I hate to say it but if this game has even remotely the same depth and 'soul' as Elite and Frontier did I'll eat a pair of my own socks. The X series always had so much potential and ALWAYS put stupid mechanics in that utterly wrecked the game play. Why for the love of god do you have to fly close to a space station to 'discover' it in the future? What possible use is that to adding to immersion?

I really hope they get this right because they've muffed all the other ones and Frontier Developments seem incapable of producing the successor to Frontier.

...sorry... in my opinion...

You dont have to fly close to anything to discover it.

There are 3 ways to mark things on your map.

1) Have a ship within sensor range. (explorer software makes this easy)

2) Target the station, targeting distance is dependent on the size of the station some can be targeted while they are still a long way outside sensor range

3) Buy maps, just like in the real world you can buy a map of an area.

Videos from Gamescon for X Rebirth.

Translation for the gamescon.

Facts as known now.

Single ship like xbtf
Interiors for your ship
Station animations for manufacture and other processes
Working modules to a core station i.e mining module which is animated now on any station (i think)
Solar Systems with fast travel lanes but still has jumpgates/drives for moving beyond the systems. So no more sectors more systems and areas.
Stations have turrets and all sorts.
Drones which are purpose specific and animated such as mining drone collects the ore and delivers it to station i think more or less.
Npcs are almost everywhere and you control things by talking and giving orders for majority of stuff now.

Really looking foward to Rebirth, am still playing X3TC a lot its a great game. But I do agree with Skeeter's comment.

To much sandbox not enough in-depth story line. Am sometimes wondering what is the overall point of the game. . . 500hrs+ playtime.

I am in not doubt at all you will need a pretty decent rig to run Rebirth.
Time for an upgrade me thinks.

D,

what do you mean?

just 1 ship, no buying a new ship no capping no private fleet no changing ship no wings or support?

From this thread it looks like there is only one player ship in the game, meaning no taking other ships for your own personal ship. I don't know if this means you can't take other ships to build a fleet that you control remotely, but it would seem unlikely as that's half the game right there.

From this thread it looks like there is only one player ship in the game, meaning no taking other ships for your own personal ship. I don't know if this means you can't take other ships to build a fleet that you control remotely, but it would seem unlikely as that's half the game right there.

think your still going to be able to own other ships but your stuck only flying one ship and I hope it as upgradable as the x-craft was.

Back
Top Bottom