*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Been looking for a spacey game to fill my time and will almost certainly be getting this on release or soon after. :)

Is it worth getting X3:TC in the meantime? Seen it on GamersGate for £11.24, will I be able to add the key to Steam and download it from them instead of GG (as opposed to buying it from Steam for £20)?

It's hard to get into but once you, do it's even harder to put down. Definetly worth a punt but is it worth £20 on steam, for me yes as I clocked up 200+ hours playing time so even at £20 it was well worth it.

Annoyingly I bought a Steam copy the day before they released the patch to add a retail key to Steam :( - X3 was an excellent game though and well worth it. Was just a shame when I played it they had not made it large address enabled, and the community fix prevented Steam achievement tracking. Not sure why that bothered me, but it did. Have not played since and can't face starting from scratch now. Looking forward to this one though.

Just found out about this today. Can't wait, haven't played any games since starcraft2 just bored of everything. Will finally be able to dust the pc down, when this is released.

I just wet my self in excitement. I loved the first one so much but didnt really have time to try the last 2. I've been looking at getting the X: Super pack from steam but I'm hoping theyll have it on special offer :)

201107_xr_news_01.jpg

X Rebirth Feature - Ore Refinery
In this edition of the X-Universe News we would like to show you a few pictures of just one single module of a much larger factory complex. The module you see is an ore refining module. It receives unrefined ore and processes it into refined metals.

The raw materials for this module (ore rock) can come from different sources and you as a player can play a very active role in this, if you like. But that’s perhaps another story for a later issue of X-Universe News.

The station module you see here is not small. It is exactly 1900m long in fact. But what you see here is still just one small module inside a station complex that can be much much bigger.

X Rebirth will allow you to build many different types of station. Many of them can eventually be expanded to contain an ore refining module. That’s when you will have one (or more) of these production lines visible in your station.
The result is that you can see precisely what’s going on inside your mega complex. Is it producing right at this moment? Well you can ask the manager who helps you run the station, or you can just fly past it and see for yourself.

And this is all of course only one example. The whole economy works like this. You can physically see what’s going on and you can interact with these modules. Analyze the production, sabotage your competition or just check what a competing station is really producing.- Toastie

Sounds excellent!

omg awesome.

the whole attacking certain parts of stations and ships sounds awesome too.

So how long till somone develops a chart showing where to shoot to take out the targeting systems of all the m2s :p

Every update is making this game sound better and better, cant wait to play it (soon I hope).

I am expecting it to be difficult to run it on full just like X3 was when it came out, but hopefully that will be a graphic card bottleneck and not an engine crippling cpu one.

Back
Top Bottom