** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

What sort of load temps are you getting Jedi? Got my X99 setup built but just need to reinstall windows. Chip is a 5820k, cooled with a dual tower k2.

On OCCT test the max a core got was 74c ([email protected]). This test kicks ass btw, you only need 4-5 mins with 64-bit Large Data Set to know it's stable. My chip passed everything at [email protected] but this BSOD me within a minute! Dropped it to 4.5 and the volts a tiny touch and it's fine :cool:

(not big on chasing numbers, would rather have a cooler running rig :))

ive said it before, but will say it again.

if you want one of these then I suggest getting your pre order in place.

I have lots on order with EK but I really doubt that our order will be fulfilled in the first hit if worldwide demand for this anything to go by.

At the moment, someone who pre orders will stand a good chance of getting in on the first wave of stock. After this week, well I can't be so sure.

EK are a great company to deal with but have historically been poor in terms of radiator supply. This may be a totally different story but I personally would suggest that the predator will not be available in any large quantities and that a pre order is very much advised to get your place in the queue.

I would also suggest that if there does happen to be free stock available when the stock lands, then it will go very quickly.

as far as I am aware, the shipping date of late september is still the plan for the 240 units. and mid to late october is still on the cards for the 360

ive said it before, but will say it again.

if you want one of these then I suggest getting your pre order in place.

I have lots on order with EK but I really doubt that our order will be fulfilled in the first hit if worldwide demand for this anything to go by.

At the moment, someone who pre orders will stand a good chance of getting in on the first wave of stock. After this week, well I can't be so sure.

EK are a great company to deal with but have historically been poor in terms of radiator supply. This may be a totally different story but I personally would suggest that the predator will not be available in any large quantities and that a pre order is very much advised to get your place in the queue.

I would also suggest that if there does happen to be free stock available when the stock lands, then it will go very quickly.

as far as I am aware, the shipping date of late september is still the plan for the 240 units. and mid to late october is still on the cards for the 360

cheers for the info :)

today has been a good post day.

anybody want to know any specifics?

Impressions out of the box:
  • packaging is spot on. really well presented product.
  • the rotary fittings built into the reservoir side are brilliant and allow for a good range of movement of the block
  • the tubing is fantastic in terms of wall thickness and bend radius
  • the two stepped thread on the block screws allowing for backplate installation as well as 2011 compatibility is simple but genius
  • the installation procedure for the unit is perhaps the simplest i have ever seen in an AIO
  • the pump is QUIET - I am most impressed by this fact.
  • The fans are a bit noisey at full tilt but are actually very quiet once you have your board controlling the noise.

In all, I am very impressed after just plugging it in and getting to grips with it. It has a lot of little bits that really stand out as being engineered. EKWB have thought this through big time. It isnt just a 'cash in' on the AIO market like some others have done.

Huge kudos to EK for this. They should be applauded and I think the sales will do that on my behalf.

As a watercooling enthusiast and someone that has spent a long time buying watercooling as a job, it takes a lot to impress me. This is the only thing I have seen in recent memory that has done that.

I will try to get some testing done as soon as I can.

ativDZ6.jpg.png

Cf5hmZJ.jpg.png

PIEcgcL.jpg.png

Do they have alternative mounting bits for Socket2011 boards that dont have a hole in the PCB in each corner.

Or will you get stock of the supremacy mounting kit that does have separate socket 2011 and 115X screws.

the fans are replaceable. but vardar fans are better for the application than the ones you mention.

when limited in speed, they are very quiet.

Right, cheers Rjk.

I like my NF-F12s because they're silent at the idle RPM I use (400-600), I suppose if I'm not happy with the sound of the Vardars I could just pop NF-F12s on and take the performance hit.

Is it really as good as a custom loop? It doesn't sound like they've skimped on the AIO at all, which is very promising.

its a DDC pump, a Supremacy Water block, a proper rad and proper fans.

it is a custom loop but just compacted a bit.

I would bet money on performance of a predator being within a few degrees of a custom loop using like for like components.

Tell me about the screws, have they really made it so it barley fits all X99/X79 boards out there?

Or have they included alternative screws or will you be stocking the Supremacy EVO PreciseMount I believe it is that should fit.

also as a note.

If you plan on getting a predator, before installation, grab the compression fittings and tighten them with your fingers as much as you can.

they didnt move much out of the box but they are watercooling fittings and as much as i trust ek to have installed them correctly, for peace of mind, I would suggest that all OCUK customers just pinch them tight upon delivery anyway.

Tell me about the screws, have they really made it so it barley fits all X99/X79 boards out there?

Or have they included alternative screws or will you be stocking the Supremacy EVO PreciseMount I believe it is that should fit.

not at all.

all x99 boards have a plastic backing on the socket mechanism to avoid shorting the board.

This is already cut out on some boards like the rampage but is not punched through on others like most of the gigabyte range.

There is an incredibly complex method involved in ensuring compatibility with this and some other aftermarket cooler.

Firstly, you need to purchase an official intel 2011 motherboard enhancement device. You will need to get the flat head type.

Tv223oa.jpg.png

Then place your motherboard on a motherboard box and push the official intel 2011 motherboard enhancement device through the holes in the board so that the holes are open.

G6gHUzx.jpg.png

sIapnYg.jpg.png

8CuCFWa.jpg.png

Once the holes are open, the CPU block can be attached to the board with ease.

tQxTdsX.jpg.png

WcqiGT8.jpg.png

The Screws from the block will stick out from the rear of your motherboard slightly

9C7lRCU.jpg.png

Here, we can see an elite tier hardware user who has carried out this modification.

Q32Pd0x.jpg.png

So why on that jayztwocents video (admittedly he used a drill, but a drill the same size or smaller than the hole from the top side down) he killed an asrock x99 board and said there were traces where those holes are.

Skip to 11:25 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67glAjdvwLc - that's a Asrock X99 fatality I think.

Are we absolutely sure all X99+X79 boards do not have any traces behind those holes? as that Asrock does and theres possibly more.

its a DDC pump, a Supremacy Water block, a proper rad and proper fans.

it is a custom loop but just compacted a bit.

I would bet money on performance of a predator being within a few degrees of a custom loop using like for like components.

Awesome, thanks!

I'll be picking one up soon-ish I'd imagine :)

Back
Top Bottom