** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

pre order it now if you want one

bear in mind though that if you want to change from intel to AMD then you will need to take the block apart to install the hold down plate.

this will not invalidate your warranty as it is an EK product and it is compatible, however, you would need to be comfortable in draining and filling your watercooler as well as knowing you would need to replace the coolant with a suitable new coolant such as EK or Mayhems.

Great thanks. Pre-ordered one :)

Last edited:

Reading the review said you'll need to take your motherboard backplate off first before installing EK's backplate? Never have I ever taken a motherboards cpu backplate off? Is it hard to do? Can you do it with the CPU still in socket? Might need to see it done first before installing it myself. Corsair AIO are easy to install, was hoping this was also?

Last edited:
ok
so the backplate needs to come off to fit it.

tried without and it doesnt work.
its easy to install, if you can install a CPU cooler, you can remove a socket. it really isnt hard to do.

guide incoming.

get a star tip for your screwdriver.

VZaS7ho.jpg.png

undo the screw at the bottom of the socket.

gO3nzW8.jpg.png

and then the ones at the top of the socket.

ltGewl4.jpg.png

leave the socket protector in place and flip the board over. the backplate should come loose.

alQjdEw.jpg.png

Put the green paper surround on the backplate position, this will stop the metal backplate from shorting on the board.

9PkLK01.jpg.png

put the metal plate on top of this in position of the old backplate.

QcaMC7x.jpg.png

Use the bottom screw to secure the backplate in place first

YGZBk8s.jpg.png

then screw in the top screws and replace the clasp for the CPU socket.

then install the CPU as normal, remove socket protector, spread thermal paste and screw the block to the motherboard whilst laughing at how easy all that was :)

QmP6eqL.jpg.png

Edit: According to Google I'm just flat out wrong. My apologies.

The X99-Pro seems to have mounting points for the screws above the actual board rather than through the board, probably where I got mixed up.

How do I go about that then, Rjk? Or will the already-there holes be sufficient?

First pic here shows them: http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/257548/asus-x99-pro/photos

Last edited:
Thanks rjk for the pics. I'm sure it'll be easy to do,but still scared to install it. Don't want to break mobo. I can see it was easy while the mobo was out of case. I'll be installing it with the board in the case. Might be a little harder I would think?

Last edited:
Edit: According to Google I'm just flat out wrong. My apologies.

The X99-Pro seems to have mounting points for the screws above the actual board rather than through the board, probably where I got mixed up.

How do I go about that then, Rjk? Or will the already-there holes be sufficient?

First pic here shows them: http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/257548/asus-x99-pro/photos
Your mobo will be just like mine so you will need to make a hole right through Google x99 deluxe/pro rear view you will see the indents on the four filled holes :)

Thanks rjk for the pics. I'm sure it'll be easy to do,but still scared to install it. Don't want to break mobo. I can see it was easy while the mobo was out of case. I'll be installing it with the board in the case. Might be a little harder I would think?

If you can build a computer you can do what I have show you in that guide. It's three screws. It couldn't be any easier.

They're more robust than you think. Just keep the socket protector in place and you can't go wrong. Just follow the pics I posted. Easy street :)

Back
Top Bottom