** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

So why on that jayztwocents video (admittedly he used a drill, but a drill the same size or smaller than the hole from the top side down) he killed an asrock x99 board and said there were traces where those holes are.

Skip to 11:25 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67glAjdvwLc - that's a Asrock X99 fatality I think.

Are we absolutely sure all X99+X79 boards do not have any traces behind those holes? as that Asrock does and theres possibly more.

Wow, you're really not letting this go?

Obviously the use of your eyes and common sense is crucial here. If the board doesn't have holes in it (which accounts for 1/27 boards we have in the office to test) then you can't pop the plastic.

It is only asrock that I am aware of that does this. And they are a scruffy brand anyway.

That dude drilling through his motherboard? Why? Such a retarded move. Just say, it doesn't work rather than brick a board for YouTube views.

Anyway. If there is an issue and you have a board without holes on the rear side, then you could easily use a hacksaw to chop the thinner section of thread off and leave the 2011 compatible section.

It's really not hard to get round it and it really isn't a big deal.
At all.

Last edited:
Any ETA on the AMD versions?
I need something quiet to cool my FX-8320 and the 240 looks perfect.
I'm sat on a train trying to work out if it makes sense to buy one anyway and swap the CPU block.

yeah you can swap the block if you want. you would have to refill the unit yourself.
we will be doing a tech labs AMD version if we can get the parts separately.

its a DDC pump, a Supremacy Water block, a proper rad and proper fans.

it is a custom loop but just compacted a bit.

I would bet money on performance of a predator being within a few degrees of a custom loop using like for like components.

And that's what people complaining about the price just don't get. It's basically a custom loop using top quality components and is easily expanded so well worth the money.

As for AMD compatibility, surely all someone needs to do is get hold of a Supremacy AMD fitting kit? You could probably get one from EK direct.

Wow, you're really not letting this go?

Obviously the use of your eyes and common sense is crucial here. If the board doesn't have holes in it (which accounts for 1/27 boards we have in the office to test) then you can't pop the plastic.

It is only asrock that I am aware of that does this. And they are a scruffy brand anyway.

That dude drilling through his motherboard? Why? Such a retarded move. Just say, it doesn't work rather than brick a board for YouTube views.

Anyway. If there is an issue and you have a board without holes on the rear side, then you could easily use a hacksaw to chop the thinner section of thread off and leave the 2011 compatible section.

It's really not hard to get round it and it really isn't a big deal.
At all.

Can you pop the holes on the Asus x99 deluxe?

you didn't need to quote all of that

Thanks for the easy to follow guide :) it looks like the Asus x99 deluxe will be one that you can push through with one of those enhancement devices, that's a relief as I really want the 360mm version

Last edited by a moderator:
The motherboard warning from the EKWB site:

PLEASE NOTE:

• Narrow server type LGA-2011 is not supported by default – a Mounting plate Supremacy LGA-2011 Narrow ILM is mandatory to install this water block on narrow server type LGA-2011 motherboards. You will have to disassemble the water block, drain and refill the unit in order to install the block on a narrow server type LGA-2011.

•EK-Supremacy MX Backplate is to be used only with Intel LGA-115x type motherboards.

•EK-Supremacy MX is not compatible with LGA-2011-3 motherboards that do not have mounting holes through the circuit board (e.g. some ASRock and Gigabyte motherboards). The problem can be remedied by purchasing separate EK-Supremacy EVO PreciseMount mounting mechanism.

pre order it now if you want one

bear in mind though that if you want to change from intel to AMD then you will need to take the block apart to install the hold down plate.

this will not invalidate your warranty as it is an EK product and it is compatible, however, you would need to be comfortable in draining and filling your watercooler as well as knowing you would need to replace the coolant with a suitable new coolant such as EK or Mayhems.

Back
Top Bottom