** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

So I have had this cooler (The 240) Installed a week now and to be honest mine is not silent on idle,in fact it's the loudest part in my case.Opening chrome it ramps up, and this is not a fan nioise I'm talking about, it's more like a droning sound..launching browser = ramps up drones ,click on tabs = ramps up drones, scroll through a page = ramps up drones.I can hear it over headset and from as from other side of my room.

While gaming =silent, the droning noise has me drove nuts.I would gladly listen to loud fans any day.I had one oddity also where my motherboard wouldn't boot and was reporting cpu fan running at 320 rpm.
I am in a fractal define R5 blackout case..I have x2 Corsair af 140 quiet editions in the front and one in the rear as exhaust. I have an Asus Gtx 980 Strix oc ssd etc,my case is silent otherwise.
One of the vardar fans is making a squeaking noise when I put an ear close to it,the unit felt slightly damp when I first opened it(put it down to it's flight over here?) and two of the fitting's were less than hand tight..There were large bubbles in the cpu block.I have tried shaking the rad and cycling the pump on a spare psu,and although this has reduced the noise,it's quiet annoying when just using a web browser or a desktop task..
I contacted EK four days ago and have not heard anything back from them..
Despite this I love the look, and I was pleased that EKthrew me in the block led for free.I did spend €243+€62 for a total of €305 for low profile ram as mine was too high,wasn't expecting this tbh.
I thought these were supposed to be silent on idle however, so any ideas?I have two corsair sp 120 quiet editions I could use,but I am thinking the vardar's are probably better?
Any ideas how to get rid of that droning sound?

Last edited:
I have many of these sockets. When you order your EK system we can include one for you. Just get sales to get it from me.
Thanks for the offer mate.
Already got the cooler. :) oc are helping me out! ;)

give us a shout and explain the situation. The returns team should be able to sort this out for you.

sounds like you had your RMA replacement repaired or something.

Overclockers are helping me out :) good service as always ;)

Cheers

Sounds like it's not going to happen someone was not happy.

So back to the thinking stage ..

ok so ....

Will EK Water Blocks EK-KIT X360 High Performance Watercooling Kit fit in Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Case

Want it to match in with the white case so next best option ??

Is Tech Labs version coming back, or has it been killed? Did one blow up or something?

Nothing like that, we didn't sell any. EK are talking to me about it and aren't happy with me offering it like that.

At the moment, it won't be coming back for online availability.

I would rather not go into it more than that right now as I have basically done a load of work for no reason at a time where I could have been putting my energy into other projects.

Dammit, I was going to order one of those soon!! Was there anything wrong with them? No reason why they wouldn't perform as well surely?

No. And if you wanted to buy a predator from us and do the modding yourself, you could.

I will put a guide up at some point if anyone wants me to?

Nothing like that, we didn't sell any. EK are talking to me about it and aren't happy with me offering it like that.

At the moment, it won't be coming back for online availability.

I would rather not go into it more than that right now as I have basically done a load of work for no reason at a time where I could have been putting my energy into other projects.

well that's a shame as the custom ones clearly showed a lot of interest. perhaps if EK offered this variety in the first place it wouldn't have happened. Its also bad publicity for them not to be happy about it and throwing their toys out, they clearly would have sold more units. I'm sorry but EK have already lost me as a customer ..

maybe you could offer a similar AIO kit branded OCUK

You win some and some you dont .. but its not all lost hard work .. it goes to show thing can be done to it after the user get it .. so anyone that liked the other version just has to spend a bit more .. but its still there as an option..

Back
Top Bottom