** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Don't read too much into it. I would rather not make a big thing about it.

If anything it gives people a bit of inspiration to mod their own.

Should I ever expect to need to refill one of these? I know the system is designed to not let any vapor out but i'm thinking after a year or two it probably wants checking?

That would be most useful. Hopefully not too complicated.

I'll see what I can do. If I forget then shout up in this thread to remind me.

Should I ever expect to need to refill one of these? I know the system is designed to not let any vapor out but i'm thinking after a year or two it probably wants checking?

You shouldn't need to but it can't hurt to check. Just top it up using deionised water via either of the fill ports.

Nothing like that, we didn't sell any. EK are talking to me about it and aren't happy with me offering it like that.

At the moment, it won't be coming back for online availability.

I would rather not go into it more than that right now as I have basically done a load of work for no reason at a time where I could have been putting my energy into other projects.
I guess that bins the idea of adding a gpu block to them aswell? Obviously preinstalled by you lot so all I have to do is attach the things.

Very disappointed I wanted a tech labs with October's pay for rig below. Too scared of killing my rig to mod one myself

Maybe if RJK posts a guide I will think about it.

Last edited:
sorry guys, something out of my hands really.

I will say that if you intend on modding your unit to include clear tubing, that you should consider filling the unit up and topping up again every few months to account for evaporation through the PVC tubing.

sorry guys, something out of my hands really.

I will say that if you intend on modding your unit to include clear tubing, that you should consider filling the unit up and topping up again every few months to account for evaporation through the PVC tubing.

Does that require draining and a level of maintenance on parallel with a regular WC loop? Which is surely exactly what people buying an AIO want to avoid and/or aren't comfortable with? I don't know how complex/risky this would all be with the Predator.

not really. its just opening a fill port pouring in some coolant and then closing the fill port.

its no more difficult than pouring oil into a car or pouring a drink into a glass.

Bit disheartening to read, but I suppose the theory is if your going to "mod it" you are pretty much just building a custom water loop almost...

Anyway, the effort was appreciated!

have to see what the bigger boy turns out like ...

Received my Predator today. First impressions build quality is top notch and the ease in putting it in was not quite what I expected.

Taking the backplate off my 1150 board was very simple although it appears you need 3 hands to put the EKWB one on. It took me about 30 mins to disassemble my PC and put it all back together.

initial temps seem fine but the case has no panels on it yet and there is no audible sound heard from the pump. All in all was a good £180 spent.

We'll see how it fairs once I start stressing the CPU.

Quite impressed so far.

Tony.

perfect. just like that.

im kidding, dont do that.
so could you give us a list of stuff we would need to mod this thing? what size tubes and fittings etc.

im considering getting one to add a gpu block to so would obviously need more tubes and maybe some fittings.

Back
Top Bottom