** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

I'm using this Asus TUF X99 Sabertooth Intel X99 board now.
But sods law i can't install it, as there is now holes:rolleyes:

Is there any other way to install this cooler?

Thanks.

edit, just realised it needs the 2011 plate, and guess what, the board don't have one lol..

Any idea's how i can fit this? if won't even work with a 2011 back plate. as the plate that comes attached to the board, the part that holds down the cpu, is one unit. so you can't attach it to the 2011 back plate to it. soooo annoying lol

Last edited:
I'm using this Asus TUF X99 Sabertooth Intel X99 board now.
But sods law i can't install it, as there is now holes:rolleyes:

Is there any other way to install this cooler?

Thanks.

edit, just realised it needs the 2011 plate, and guess what, the board don't have one lol..
The board should have the plate? You could cut the screws up to the stubby part or put holes through the mobo as that's what I'm going to do if it's compatible that is

My EK Water Blocks Predator 240 started making a clicking noise from the pump yesterday, and i noticed some water coming from the cpu block.
so i tightened it up, and it stopped leaking.
But the noise on the pump kept clicking.
Was still working ok thou. the clicking stopped after a while.
Turned the pc on today, and kept freezing! then i noticed the temps on the cpu 5820k were hitting 95 degrees.
so i felt the cpu block and it was so hot, but the pipes were cool.
after a lot of testing, i then notice the pump must have stopped working!
So now the pumps dead it seems.
Is there anything i can do? or just have to RMA. ?

Cheers.

My EK Water Blocks Predator 240 started making a clicking noise from the pump yesterday, and i noticed some water coming from the cpu block.
Turned the pc on today, and kept freezing! then i noticed the temps on the cpu 5820k were hitting 95 degrees.

Cheers.

Seems like an RMA jobbie to me.

Cheers.

Yeah send it back, I had a similar experience last week I have RMAed mine. Pump failed to start a few couple of times and couldn't get it to restart the second time, despite only been on for about a minute and I got a small coolant leak too (Although I didn't hit 50 according to the bios) fortunately not enough for it to run off the block onto the motherboard. Be aware that if you open it you void your warranty according to the manual which make it a pretty black box situation.

I'm using a Noctua NH-D14 now instead as its pretty much put me off watercooling (my first experience) although I suspect I might have just also had a bad egg. I shouldn't really review something I have sent back but performance was alright whilst I had it but its around 4 times as loud as the air cooling I have now at all speeds although there was obviously lots more headroom for higher clocks on water.

@kayomani - "I shouldn't really review something I have sent back" - I disagree - the experience you had should be seen by others and would be helpful if you could review it and score accordingly.
I have been tempted by the Predator and was waiting for the 360. This would have been my first time trying some sort of water cooling - but put off again.
It does look gorgeous and I am getting fed up of my NH-D15 looking huge and cubersome - but suppose I will stick with safe again for the moment.
But like I said, would be great if you could let others know how you got on..

This doesn't sound too good... two recent examples of defective units. Maybe being a new product there are some issues to be ironed out? EK have a good rep and usually produce solid and reliable stuff, so this surprises me. Anything with water in is certainly NOT something you want to be going wrong in your system!

My Predator 240 was making a very loud "predator" clicking noise at first, but it stopped after 30 minutes stress testing at full load. I'll be keeping a very close eye on it though.

This doesn't sound too good... two recent examples of defective units. Maybe being a new product there are some issues to be ironed out? EK have a good rep and usually produce solid and reliable stuff, so this surprises me. Anything with water in is certainly NOT something you want to be going wrong in your system!

not at all, they test them but things with multiple working technical parts will always run the risk of being faulty out of the box.

we have had 2 returned units on the 240.

you need to remember that this thing is a lot more complicated than most other AIO coolers. it has a pwm power hub integrated into it that controls all of the moving parts, a full fat DDC pump rather than just a low wattage thing. plus the pump is going through a high impingement 'proper' cpu block.

not that this is an excuse for a product failing, I'm just highlighting that it isnt the same deal as a mass produced Asetek unit. 2 failures out of the numbers we have sold so far is really nothing to worry about.

and both of these failures were power board related according to our system. so there is no reports of a catastrophic failure [a leak] still.

Back
Top Bottom