*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
OP
The game doesn't run because of a monitor? First I've heard of that

Don't be glib, us with ultrawide prefer to play games in UW. Maybe we can get passed it with a higher FPS game as a trade off, but a locked 60fps game on a UW monitor that's not supported is just not worth it. So instead, buy on a console where it will run in 4k (sure, probably upscaled and some graphical downgrades) at a decent fps and as it's sofa gaming it's more casual and lower fps isn't as noticable.

Man of Honour
Is there a survey anywhere of what resolutions gamers play in? Would be interesting to see how many gamers play in 4k and/or UW in 2022. From conversations with friends and work colleagues it always sounds like most people are playing in 1920x1080 still, which sort of surprises me, so would be interested to see if there is truth to that feeling.

Associate
Is there a survey anywhere of what resolutions gamers play in? Would be interesting to see how many gamers play in 4k and/or UW in 2022. From conversations with friends and work colleagues it always sounds like most people are playing in 1920x1080 still, which sort of surprises me, so would be interested to see if there is truth to that feeling.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

67% still on 1080p, 9% 2k, 2% 4k

Soldato
OP
I am guessing you don't use an UW monitor hey. :rolleyes:

It's really odd, you should see steam discussions for games that don't support it. When us that have UW ask dev's to include it, they all come foaming at the mouth stating why should they accommodate UW and that we only count for a certain % etc etc. It's like... That's nice, but it doesn't effect you, go away lol.

Soldato
It's really odd, you should see steam discussions for games that don't support it. When us that have UW ask dev's to include it, they all come foaming at the mouth stating why should they accommodate UW and that we only count for a certain % etc etc. It's like... That's nice, but it doesn't effect you, go away lol.

Yea, bizarre internet behaviour.

Soldato
OP
Ignoring the obvious troll. Has there been any confirmation of map size? I read an article the other day stating the open network test was 15% or something of the total game size??? Huge if so.

I think you know what I meant you total sausage.
yet you don't know what i meant. I asked a simple question, why is TV better, and you reply with a glib reply. You never even attempted to answer why the TV is better than UW monitor with no UW in the game.

You see this?

then your side sausage comes in and calls me glib, but not you for your initial glib reply, when i asked a super simple question, why is TV better?

do you follow the story yet?

now you 2 act all toxic and baby like because i replied with a glib comment to your glib comment.

any way, continue to be little babies both you of. clearly you're both butt hurt from the constant ignoring of UW support when spending your money on larger monitors.

I did care, but now, you guys can go eat your each others sausage and cry that developers don't care about UW babies.

and to those who take offence from the word sausage, the cry baby above used it first, just like being glib, i'm copying their behaviour/response, though i will get called out on this while they cry on each others shoulders.

maybe in the future, when someone asks a simple question, they can just reply like a normal person to it and avoid all this rubbish.

Soldato
OP
I guess that fits with the people I know then, surprising that 2 out of 3 gamers are still on 1080, figured most would have moved to 1440 at least by now. Looks like we are still a few years away from the higher resolutions becoming common

I was super shocked by the statistics. I too thought 1440 would be the new norm. I suppose people are wanting much higher refresh rates from 1080 than pixel at lower hz from larger monitors, the entry price point for a decent gaming monitor is very low these days. It's even more interesting when you think you have to actively accept the survey so it's not as though it's bloated by a bunch of normal work machines or something of the same nature where steam is just installed and forgotten about.

Back
Top Bottom