*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
The best summons are the Mimic (more so if you are levelled up and kitted out), Tiche and there is a pair that can revive themselves which could be skeletons but I cant remember. There are cool little extras for the mimic like a talisman that aggros so once you summon him, unequip it and he takes all the damage while you plug away. Level 10 mimic for me now at level 222 with full access to all the best spells in the game and dual bloodfang is just ridiculous
I think early game the dogs that apply Scarlett rot are also really strong, can solo the first 3 bosses once levelled up!

Associate
I’m 115hrs in, mostly pottering around exploring and making my way around finding as much as I can, the size and scale of this game is so impressive, I thought I’d explored most areas and now I’ve found there’s even more underground, a city even. And that’s before I get past Leyndell.

Soldato
I’m 115hrs in, mostly pottering around exploring and making my way around finding as much as I can, the size and scale of this game is so impressive, I thought I’d explored most areas and now I’ve found there’s even more underground, a city even. And that’s before I get past Leyndell.
yeh the size and scope of this game is mad im on about 168 hours and started newgame+ plus the other day, i am still finding places and things i missed first time around lol

Soldato
Does NG+ open up new bosses? Think I’ll need another run through so I can see if new enemies spawn at night like
Night Calvary.
dont beleive so but they give you more runes for beating em and they hit harder and have a lot more health :)

new game plus is so easy at the moment but im gonna hit a wall soon :)

172.7 hours according to steam, in comparison dark souls 3 on steam was 124.8 hours and that was several new game plus play throughs, i just started my elden ring new game plus lol :)

Permabanned
I still cant believe that Ive put 180 hours and 255 levels into this game. I have never started a new game plus before for any game and Im genuinely sat thinking what Im going to rock on my next playthrough! I'm now levelling up different weapons like the bubble blower and just having a great time...still! Im still finding new things as well so its not like its just the same game played through twice.

Associate
Level 83 and just got to Leyndell outskirts. The size of this game... I get side tracked by some castle to later go down a well to find a massive underground section. Enjoying the Dark Moon Greasword :)

My only gripe is that I wish the story was easier to follow or a little more involving. Ranni's quest left a lot of questions. At least I got a cool hat out of it.

Soldato
Level 83 and just got to Leyndell outskirts. The size of this game... I get side tracked by some castle to later go down a well to find a massive underground section. Enjoying the Dark Moon Greasword :)

My only gripe is that I wish the story was easier to follow or a little more involving. Ranni's quest left a lot of questions. At least I got a cool hat out of it.

yeh bud this game is super massive, no idea what game of thrones guy done for the story, seems like typical obscure stuff for me that from software always puts out :)

are you sure you finished rannis quest? https://www.polygon.com/elden-ring-...enna-radahn-nokron-eternal-city-three-sisters

there is a few points in rannis quest where it can seem like it is over but its not :p

Soldato
Enjoying this although only a few hours in.

Any tips on the horse mounted combat apart from left and right attacks? I want to go dex build like I normally do with souls games but the range on these weapons while mounted seems really low. Is dex build and mounted combat just not viable? Should I even be using mounted combat much or is it more for travel and weak mobs?

Associate
Enjoying this although only a few hours in.

Any tips on the horse mounted combat apart from left and right attacks? I want to go dex build like I normally do with souls games but the range on these weapons while mounted seems really low. Is dex build and mounted combat just not viable? Should I even be using mounted combat much or is it more for travel and weak mobs?

In my experience the range of the weapon helps a lot. My Katana for example were fantastic while mounted. Weapons that poke like your Rapier and Estoc are pretty bad while mounted, At least I found.

Permabanned
Just got sucked into the shunning grounds which I missed on my first playthrough and ended up becoming the frenzied lord of flame. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Think Melania has fallen out with me now.

Associate
Just killed Godfrey and Margott on the first try! Well ok that's a lie. My Mimic did 95% of the work. I stood there casting a few spells... On my NG+ I think I'll retire it, it's ridiculously strong.

Permabanned
Thought I would try this via steam link, after fishing out the steam link from the loft, waiting 30 minutes for several years of updates, starting a new samurai, realised steam link is exactly as poor as it was when I bought it. Back to the loft for you! :cry:

Soldato
While I have not played this with mouse&Keyboard there is an Auto lock feature in the options menu. Just disable it. Works fine on a pad so don't see why it shouldn't be the same for a mouse.

I have turned that off but still does it, boguht a controller anyhow so will use that lol

Back
Top Bottom